Victoria Beckham Takes Over Twitter: Gained 57,000 More Followers, Most Mentioned During NY Fashion Week
By Czarina Malleta | September 21, 2012 1:13 PM EST
It looks like David Beckham has a lot to be proud of about his wife. Victoria Beckham reaps her success as she rises above Marc Jacobs and Diane Von Furstenberg as the most talked about fashion label on Twitter during the recent New York Fashion Week.
With over 57,000 more followers and approximately 17,000 mentions on Twitter, she topped every other designer on the social media site. Marc Jacobs only came in second and Diane Von Furstenberg on third. Designers Alexander Wang and Michael Kors took over the remaining spots respectively.
Whisper Group, a New York based social media agency analyzed Twitter algorithms during fashion week and came up with a list of the most mentioned hashtags with last week's 2013 spring collection.
It was the first time that Victoria hosted a runway show, apart from her usual small presentation. And in conclusion, the social media experts were convinced that former Posh Spice slaughtered all the other famous designers during New York Fashion Week. The newbie has proved that she can very well compete with established brands and labels.
A photo of Harper walking on the runway before the show began must have helped boost anticipation from her audience. All in all, the US was the top country tweeting about the fashion week.
The top three designers who gained the most Twitter followers are Victoria Beckham, Rebecca Minkoff and Michael Kors. Victoria also tops the list of the top five most mentioned designer on Twitter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- Beyonce’s ‘Ring Off’ Isn’t About Her Alleged Crumbling Marriage to Jay Z, But About Her Parents [VIDEOS]
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced