Victoria Beckham Takes Over Twitter: Gained 57,000 More Followers, Most Mentioned During NY Fashion Week
By Czarina Malleta | September 21, 2012 1:13 PM EST
It looks like David Beckham has a lot to be proud of about his wife. Victoria Beckham reaps her success as she rises above Marc Jacobs and Diane Von Furstenberg as the most talked about fashion label on Twitter during the recent New York Fashion Week.
With over 57,000 more followers and approximately 17,000 mentions on Twitter, she topped every other designer on the social media site. Marc Jacobs only came in second and Diane Von Furstenberg on third. Designers Alexander Wang and Michael Kors took over the remaining spots respectively.
Whisper Group, a New York based social media agency analyzed Twitter algorithms during fashion week and came up with a list of the most mentioned hashtags with last week's 2013 spring collection.
It was the first time that Victoria hosted a runway show, apart from her usual small presentation. And in conclusion, the social media experts were convinced that former Posh Spice slaughtered all the other famous designers during New York Fashion Week. The newbie has proved that she can very well compete with established brands and labels.
A photo of Harper walking on the runway before the show began must have helped boost anticipation from her audience. All in all, the US was the top country tweeting about the fashion week.
The top three designers who gained the most Twitter followers are Victoria Beckham, Rebecca Minkoff and Michael Kors. Victoria also tops the list of the top five most mentioned designer on Twitter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2