iPhone 5 is Worth the Long Wait and Line, Says Australians
By Kristin Dian Mariano | September 21, 2012 12:50 PM EST
Lots of Apple fans patiently formed a line overnight to finally purchase the new smartphone this morning. Australia's proximity to the dateline means those who were first through the doors at 8am were the first to access the device, which is made available in selected countries today.
At Apple's flagship store in George Street in Sydney, it appears the cult of Apple had lost none of its charm since the death of Steve Jobs. The iPhone 5 is proved to be popular to the fans. The queue extended from the store on George Street, briefly up King Street before snaking down York Street, jumping the road and continuing on for another 100m.
According to the interviews gathered by The Australian, a lot of people waited in line for the new device.
Some people have been lining up outside the Apple Store whenever the company releases a new device.
Telstra this morning hosted what it said was a "queue without equal" for iPhone fans lining up at its flagship store at 400 George Street right across the Apple Store.
Telstra said that "among other treats, Telstra customers will be able to sit in luxurious chairs while being attended to by personal waiters dedicated to bringing them treats as the morning unfolds."
Telstra planned the same service to cater to its consumer in its branches in Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth and says it was opening 100 stores at 8am local time across Australia to sell the iPhone 5.
Optus also opened its doors at 8am for the iPhone 5, giving Optus customers who pre-ordered the phone priority in its queue, and tech experts were on-hand to assist customers at flagship stores in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, and Perth.
Apple unveiled its latest smartphone in San Francisco at the Yerba Buena Center for Arts, and has the entire tech world watching to see the next generation iPhone. Some of its amazing features are 4G/LTE connectivity, 4-inch screen display and new operating system.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones