Ali Wentworth Lands 'Ali In Wonderland' Pilot: Will Her Sitcom Husband Resemble George Stephanopoulos?
September 20, 2012 4:16 AM EST
Actress and author Ali Wentworth is having her memoir, “Ali In Wonderland,” turned into a sitcom with a storyline that involves a character much like her real-life husband, ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos.
Deadline.com described the show, which was given the go-ahead for a pilot by NBC, as “part fish-out-of-water, part love story about an impulsive, smart-mouthed young woman who is forced to move back to Washington, D.C. — and her domineering mother — for her husband’s new high-powered job.”
Details on who will play Wentworth’s sitcom husband are unknown, but Stephanopoulos sure qualifies as having a high-powered job, where he serves double duty on ABC News as the network’s chief political correspondent and co-anchor on “Good Morning America.”
Wentworth joked that her marriage to Stephanopoulos, who was former President Bill Clinton's communications advisor, and her life with her children is dull in a February interview with the Huffington Post to promote her memoir.
“Every night, me and our kids are in bed by 8:30. By the way, I'm not complaining. There's nothing glamorous about us at all,” Wentworth said. I wear faded J.Crew pajamas every night. We fall asleep to a ‘Modern Family’ episode that we DVRed. So not exciting.”
NBC is banking on plenty of excitement from the new sitcom, which Wentworth will co-write along with Liz Tuccillo of “Sex And The City,” according to deadline.com. Bill Lawrence, the creator of ABC’s “Cougar Town,” is supervising the sitcom, the website reported.
Wentworth's life growing up in an affluent section of Washington, D.C., was an immense influence on her life. Her father, Eric Wentworth, was a political reporter for the Washington Post. Her mother, Mabel Wentworth, was a social secretary for then-First Lady Nancy Reagan.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Nov. 26, 2014, The Forrester Mansion Is All Decked Out For Thanksgiving With Family And Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments