Ali Wentworth Lands 'Ali In Wonderland' Pilot: Will Her Sitcom Husband Resemble George Stephanopoulos?
September 20, 2012 4:16 AM EST
Actress and author Ali Wentworth is having her memoir, “Ali In Wonderland,” turned into a sitcom with a storyline that involves a character much like her real-life husband, ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos.
Deadline.com described the show, which was given the go-ahead for a pilot by NBC, as “part fish-out-of-water, part love story about an impulsive, smart-mouthed young woman who is forced to move back to Washington, D.C. — and her domineering mother — for her husband’s new high-powered job.”
Details on who will play Wentworth’s sitcom husband are unknown, but Stephanopoulos sure qualifies as having a high-powered job, where he serves double duty on ABC News as the network’s chief political correspondent and co-anchor on “Good Morning America.”
Wentworth joked that her marriage to Stephanopoulos, who was former President Bill Clinton's communications advisor, and her life with her children is dull in a February interview with the Huffington Post to promote her memoir.
“Every night, me and our kids are in bed by 8:30. By the way, I'm not complaining. There's nothing glamorous about us at all,” Wentworth said. I wear faded J.Crew pajamas every night. We fall asleep to a ‘Modern Family’ episode that we DVRed. So not exciting.”
NBC is banking on plenty of excitement from the new sitcom, which Wentworth will co-write along with Liz Tuccillo of “Sex And The City,” according to deadline.com. Bill Lawrence, the creator of ABC’s “Cougar Town,” is supervising the sitcom, the website reported.
Wentworth's life growing up in an affluent section of Washington, D.C., was an immense influence on her life. Her father, Eric Wentworth, was a political reporter for the Washington Post. Her mother, Mabel Wentworth, was a social secretary for then-First Lady Nancy Reagan.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013