Ali Wentworth Lands 'Ali In Wonderland' Pilot: Will Her Sitcom Husband Resemble George Stephanopoulos?
September 20, 2012 4:16 AM EST
Actress and author Ali Wentworth is having her memoir, “Ali In Wonderland,” turned into a sitcom with a storyline that involves a character much like her real-life husband, ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos.
Deadline.com described the show, which was given the go-ahead for a pilot by NBC, as “part fish-out-of-water, part love story about an impulsive, smart-mouthed young woman who is forced to move back to Washington, D.C. — and her domineering mother — for her husband’s new high-powered job.”
Details on who will play Wentworth’s sitcom husband are unknown, but Stephanopoulos sure qualifies as having a high-powered job, where he serves double duty on ABC News as the network’s chief political correspondent and co-anchor on “Good Morning America.”
Wentworth joked that her marriage to Stephanopoulos, who was former President Bill Clinton's communications advisor, and her life with her children is dull in a February interview with the Huffington Post to promote her memoir.
“Every night, me and our kids are in bed by 8:30. By the way, I'm not complaining. There's nothing glamorous about us at all,” Wentworth said. I wear faded J.Crew pajamas every night. We fall asleep to a ‘Modern Family’ episode that we DVRed. So not exciting.”
NBC is banking on plenty of excitement from the new sitcom, which Wentworth will co-write along with Liz Tuccillo of “Sex And The City,” according to deadline.com. Bill Lawrence, the creator of ABC’s “Cougar Town,” is supervising the sitcom, the website reported.
Wentworth's life growing up in an affluent section of Washington, D.C., was an immense influence on her life. Her father, Eric Wentworth, was a political reporter for the Washington Post. Her mother, Mabel Wentworth, was a social secretary for then-First Lady Nancy Reagan.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build