Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rumors: Verizon Logo Seen In Allegedly ‘Leaked’ Photos
By Lisa Eadicicco | September 19, 2012 4:59 AM EST
Samsung's Galaxy Note 2, the successor to its widely popular "phablet" device, is rumored for an October release date in the United States. It seems as if the tablet/smartphone successor will be made available on more carriers than its predecessor, as recently alleged leaks have indicated a Galaxy Note 2 release for Verizon Wireless.
Alleged photos of the gadget, branded with Verizon's name and logo, surfaced on the Web on Monday via Droid Life. This variant of the device is said to look just like the international version with some minor changes, and the image showcases the Note successor's sleek design. The reportedly leaked photos also indicate that Verizon branding can be found on the Home button of the device in addition to the back of the body.
Samsung appears to be shaping the Galaxy Note 2 launch after its highly successful Galaxy S3, the Korea-based manufacturer's flagship smartphone of 2012. The third generation smartphone was released for all major carriers in the United States, and Samsung is rumored to take a similar approach with its Galaxy Note 2. The original Galaxy Note, contrastingly, was only released for AT&T and T-Mobile networks.
These new leaks, whether they may be authentic or imposter, contradict previous rumors that hinted that the Galaxy Note 2 would not be released for Verizon customers. This speculation arose in early September, soon after Samsung made the official Galaxy Note 2 announcement just ahead of the IFA conference in Berlin.
At this time, benchmarking websites had begun to perform tests to measure the device's processor speed and other specs. Galaxy Note 2 statistics for only for the AT&T and T-Mobile variants were found on these websites, leaving some to believe that Samsung's smartphone-tablet hybrid for Verizon would not exist.
The cellular network had also announced its LG Intuition, a device similar in size and functionality to the Galaxy Note 2, which was believed to be Verizon's answer to Samsung's popularized gadget. The LG Intuition features a 5-inch display and its very own Rubberdium stylus pen.
Evidence that the Galaxy Note 2 will be available for all carriers continues to accumulate, as it has also been allegedly confirmed that T-Mobile will offer the device. Sam Mobile, which has become one of the leading websites on the Internet for Samsung-related news and rumors, has reported that their "sources" have confirmed this information. The sources added that the T-Mobile variant will feature the same hardware specifications as the international variant and will be running on T-Mobile's HSPA+ network, complete with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
The AT&T release date for Samsung's Galaxy Note 2 is rumored to be Oct. 21, the same day that Nokia's Windows Phone 8 devices are said to launch. The "phablet" device will feature a thinner and lighter body, a redesigned S Pen stylus, a 1.5GHz quad-core Exynos processor and a Super AMOLED display.
To see the photos rumored to be the Galaxy Note 2 for Verizon, visit Droid Life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- West End Apartment Owners Against Sarah Jessica Parker's Shoe Shoot, Wish 'Carrie Bradshaw' Would Live Somewhere Else
- 7 Frighteningly Spectacular Halloween Cocktail Recipes And Ideas
- Scott Disick Takes Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Out On a Date In A $2 Million Car
- $15,854 ‘Vertu for Bentley’ Smartphone Features Apple iPhone 6-Like 4.7-Inch Display, 64 GB Memory And Sapphire Crystal Protection
- Ford Family Business Accused of ‘Mismanagement’
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation