Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rumors: Verizon Logo Seen In Allegedly ‘Leaked’ Photos
By Lisa Eadicicco | September 19, 2012 4:59 AM EST
Samsung's Galaxy Note 2, the successor to its widely popular "phablet" device, is rumored for an October release date in the United States. It seems as if the tablet/smartphone successor will be made available on more carriers than its predecessor, as recently alleged leaks have indicated a Galaxy Note 2 release for Verizon Wireless.
Alleged photos of the gadget, branded with Verizon's name and logo, surfaced on the Web on Monday via Droid Life. This variant of the device is said to look just like the international version with some minor changes, and the image showcases the Note successor's sleek design. The reportedly leaked photos also indicate that Verizon branding can be found on the Home button of the device in addition to the back of the body.
Samsung appears to be shaping the Galaxy Note 2 launch after its highly successful Galaxy S3, the Korea-based manufacturer's flagship smartphone of 2012. The third generation smartphone was released for all major carriers in the United States, and Samsung is rumored to take a similar approach with its Galaxy Note 2. The original Galaxy Note, contrastingly, was only released for AT&T and T-Mobile networks.
These new leaks, whether they may be authentic or imposter, contradict previous rumors that hinted that the Galaxy Note 2 would not be released for Verizon customers. This speculation arose in early September, soon after Samsung made the official Galaxy Note 2 announcement just ahead of the IFA conference in Berlin.
At this time, benchmarking websites had begun to perform tests to measure the device's processor speed and other specs. Galaxy Note 2 statistics for only for the AT&T and T-Mobile variants were found on these websites, leaving some to believe that Samsung's smartphone-tablet hybrid for Verizon would not exist.
The cellular network had also announced its LG Intuition, a device similar in size and functionality to the Galaxy Note 2, which was believed to be Verizon's answer to Samsung's popularized gadget. The LG Intuition features a 5-inch display and its very own Rubberdium stylus pen.
Evidence that the Galaxy Note 2 will be available for all carriers continues to accumulate, as it has also been allegedly confirmed that T-Mobile will offer the device. Sam Mobile, which has become one of the leading websites on the Internet for Samsung-related news and rumors, has reported that their "sources" have confirmed this information. The sources added that the T-Mobile variant will feature the same hardware specifications as the international variant and will be running on T-Mobile's HSPA+ network, complete with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
The AT&T release date for Samsung's Galaxy Note 2 is rumored to be Oct. 21, the same day that Nokia's Windows Phone 8 devices are said to launch. The "phablet" device will feature a thinner and lighter body, a redesigned S Pen stylus, a 1.5GHz quad-core Exynos processor and a Super AMOLED display.
To see the photos rumored to be the Galaxy Note 2 for Verizon, visit Droid Life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Top 5 Prettiest Hair And Makeup Looks From The 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards
- Netizens Debate on True Owner of Manny Pacquiao Facebook Page Amid Report of Lost $585,000 Rolex
- Manny Pacquiao Recovers $585,000 Gold Rolex Watch Left in a Hotel Restroom
- Gucci Launches Own Makeup Collection In Partnership With Makeup Artist Pat McGrath
- Five Countries that Produce the Best Chocolate
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected