Ryan Lochte Reacts To Seth MacFarlane’s ‘Saturday Night Live’ Impression: ‘He Pegged Me Wrong’
By Justine Ashley Costanza | September 19, 2012 4:21 AM EST
Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte was parodied in a hilarious "Saturday Night Live" segment this weekend-courtesy of Seth Macfarlane. The "Family Guy" creator hosted the sketch comedy show this week and did a frighteningly realistic impression of Lochte.
MacFarlane's Lochte said things like "I was America in Olympics" and "It feels so weird to be dry." He then proceeded to rate the lineup of upcoming fall shows-including "Go On," which he referred to as "Goon," and "Animal Hospital," which he called "Monkey Hospital."
On Tuesday, Lochte responded to the sketch, which was featured during the show's "Weekend Update" segment.
"Well I gotta admit that was a pretty harsh one, but it's cool to have Seth parody me," he told Celebuzz. "I think he pegged me wrong, but when I heard he did a skit I knew I was in for it! It's all in fun and of course if I'm talked about on SNL I know they are gonna get me "Go-od."
Macfarlane wasn't the only one to make a joke at Lochte's expense. According to E!, during Sunday night's ALMA awards, George Lopez also poked fun of the half-Cuban athlete.
"Your mom is Cuban?" Lopez asked. "Now the swimming makes sense."
The three-time gold medalist isn't quite as absent minded as he was portrayed to be on "SNL" but he is known for his unanimated demeanor and hollow statements.
D-Listed remarked that, "Watching Ryan Lochte try to produce a coherent thought is like watching the people on 'Survivor' try to start a fire in the rain by rubbing two rocks together..."
"Too travel is sometimes better to arrive!"
"Sometimes u just gotta stay ahead of ur shadow"
"The game isn't always fair but thats the thang though!!"
D-Listed explained the Lochte family gaffes thusly: "At this point, it goes without saying that the Lochte family grew up next to a radiation test site, got their water from a well on a mercury mine and slept in tilted beds that made them roll off and hit their heads on the floor every night."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate