Ryan Lochte Reacts To Seth MacFarlane’s ‘Saturday Night Live’ Impression: ‘He Pegged Me Wrong’
By Justine Ashley Costanza | September 19, 2012 4:21 AM EST
Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte was parodied in a hilarious "Saturday Night Live" segment this weekend-courtesy of Seth Macfarlane. The "Family Guy" creator hosted the sketch comedy show this week and did a frighteningly realistic impression of Lochte.
MacFarlane's Lochte said things like "I was America in Olympics" and "It feels so weird to be dry." He then proceeded to rate the lineup of upcoming fall shows-including "Go On," which he referred to as "Goon," and "Animal Hospital," which he called "Monkey Hospital."
On Tuesday, Lochte responded to the sketch, which was featured during the show's "Weekend Update" segment.
"Well I gotta admit that was a pretty harsh one, but it's cool to have Seth parody me," he told Celebuzz. "I think he pegged me wrong, but when I heard he did a skit I knew I was in for it! It's all in fun and of course if I'm talked about on SNL I know they are gonna get me "Go-od."
Macfarlane wasn't the only one to make a joke at Lochte's expense. According to E!, during Sunday night's ALMA awards, George Lopez also poked fun of the half-Cuban athlete.
"Your mom is Cuban?" Lopez asked. "Now the swimming makes sense."
The three-time gold medalist isn't quite as absent minded as he was portrayed to be on "SNL" but he is known for his unanimated demeanor and hollow statements.
D-Listed remarked that, "Watching Ryan Lochte try to produce a coherent thought is like watching the people on 'Survivor' try to start a fire in the rain by rubbing two rocks together..."
"Too travel is sometimes better to arrive!"
"Sometimes u just gotta stay ahead of ur shadow"
"The game isn't always fair but thats the thang though!!"
D-Listed explained the Lochte family gaffes thusly: "At this point, it goes without saying that the Lochte family grew up next to a radiation test site, got their water from a well on a mercury mine and slept in tilted beds that made them roll off and hit their heads on the floor every night."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0