Ryan Lochte Reacts To Seth MacFarlane’s ‘Saturday Night Live’ Impression: ‘He Pegged Me Wrong’
By Justine Ashley Costanza | September 19, 2012 4:21 AM EST
Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte was parodied in a hilarious "Saturday Night Live" segment this weekend-courtesy of Seth Macfarlane. The "Family Guy" creator hosted the sketch comedy show this week and did a frighteningly realistic impression of Lochte.
MacFarlane's Lochte said things like "I was America in Olympics" and "It feels so weird to be dry." He then proceeded to rate the lineup of upcoming fall shows-including "Go On," which he referred to as "Goon," and "Animal Hospital," which he called "Monkey Hospital."
On Tuesday, Lochte responded to the sketch, which was featured during the show's "Weekend Update" segment.
"Well I gotta admit that was a pretty harsh one, but it's cool to have Seth parody me," he told Celebuzz. "I think he pegged me wrong, but when I heard he did a skit I knew I was in for it! It's all in fun and of course if I'm talked about on SNL I know they are gonna get me "Go-od."
Macfarlane wasn't the only one to make a joke at Lochte's expense. According to E!, during Sunday night's ALMA awards, George Lopez also poked fun of the half-Cuban athlete.
"Your mom is Cuban?" Lopez asked. "Now the swimming makes sense."
The three-time gold medalist isn't quite as absent minded as he was portrayed to be on "SNL" but he is known for his unanimated demeanor and hollow statements.
D-Listed remarked that, "Watching Ryan Lochte try to produce a coherent thought is like watching the people on 'Survivor' try to start a fire in the rain by rubbing two rocks together..."
"Too travel is sometimes better to arrive!"
"Sometimes u just gotta stay ahead of ur shadow"
"The game isn't always fair but thats the thang though!!"
D-Listed explained the Lochte family gaffes thusly: "At this point, it goes without saying that the Lochte family grew up next to a radiation test site, got their water from a well on a mercury mine and slept in tilted beds that made them roll off and hit their heads on the floor every night."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People