Ryan Lochte Reacts To Seth MacFarlane’s ‘Saturday Night Live’ Impression: ‘He Pegged Me Wrong’
By Justine Ashley Costanza | September 19, 2012 4:21 AM EST
Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte was parodied in a hilarious "Saturday Night Live" segment this weekend-courtesy of Seth Macfarlane. The "Family Guy" creator hosted the sketch comedy show this week and did a frighteningly realistic impression of Lochte.
MacFarlane's Lochte said things like "I was America in Olympics" and "It feels so weird to be dry." He then proceeded to rate the lineup of upcoming fall shows-including "Go On," which he referred to as "Goon," and "Animal Hospital," which he called "Monkey Hospital."
On Tuesday, Lochte responded to the sketch, which was featured during the show's "Weekend Update" segment.
"Well I gotta admit that was a pretty harsh one, but it's cool to have Seth parody me," he told Celebuzz. "I think he pegged me wrong, but when I heard he did a skit I knew I was in for it! It's all in fun and of course if I'm talked about on SNL I know they are gonna get me "Go-od."
Macfarlane wasn't the only one to make a joke at Lochte's expense. According to E!, during Sunday night's ALMA awards, George Lopez also poked fun of the half-Cuban athlete.
"Your mom is Cuban?" Lopez asked. "Now the swimming makes sense."
The three-time gold medalist isn't quite as absent minded as he was portrayed to be on "SNL" but he is known for his unanimated demeanor and hollow statements.
D-Listed remarked that, "Watching Ryan Lochte try to produce a coherent thought is like watching the people on 'Survivor' try to start a fire in the rain by rubbing two rocks together..."
"Too travel is sometimes better to arrive!"
"Sometimes u just gotta stay ahead of ur shadow"
"The game isn't always fair but thats the thang though!!"
D-Listed explained the Lochte family gaffes thusly: "At this point, it goes without saying that the Lochte family grew up next to a radiation test site, got their water from a well on a mercury mine and slept in tilted beds that made them roll off and hit their heads on the floor every night."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]