Ryan Lochte Reacts To Seth MacFarlane’s ‘Saturday Night Live’ Impression: ‘He Pegged Me Wrong’
By Justine Ashley Costanza | September 19, 2012 4:21 AM EST
Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte was parodied in a hilarious "Saturday Night Live" segment this weekend-courtesy of Seth Macfarlane. The "Family Guy" creator hosted the sketch comedy show this week and did a frighteningly realistic impression of Lochte.
MacFarlane's Lochte said things like "I was America in Olympics" and "It feels so weird to be dry." He then proceeded to rate the lineup of upcoming fall shows-including "Go On," which he referred to as "Goon," and "Animal Hospital," which he called "Monkey Hospital."
On Tuesday, Lochte responded to the sketch, which was featured during the show's "Weekend Update" segment.
"Well I gotta admit that was a pretty harsh one, but it's cool to have Seth parody me," he told Celebuzz. "I think he pegged me wrong, but when I heard he did a skit I knew I was in for it! It's all in fun and of course if I'm talked about on SNL I know they are gonna get me "Go-od."
Macfarlane wasn't the only one to make a joke at Lochte's expense. According to E!, during Sunday night's ALMA awards, George Lopez also poked fun of the half-Cuban athlete.
"Your mom is Cuban?" Lopez asked. "Now the swimming makes sense."
The three-time gold medalist isn't quite as absent minded as he was portrayed to be on "SNL" but he is known for his unanimated demeanor and hollow statements.
D-Listed remarked that, "Watching Ryan Lochte try to produce a coherent thought is like watching the people on 'Survivor' try to start a fire in the rain by rubbing two rocks together..."
"Too travel is sometimes better to arrive!"
"Sometimes u just gotta stay ahead of ur shadow"
"The game isn't always fair but thats the thang though!!"
D-Listed explained the Lochte family gaffes thusly: "At this point, it goes without saying that the Lochte family grew up next to a radiation test site, got their water from a well on a mercury mine and slept in tilted beds that made them roll off and hit their heads on the floor every night."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design