Chad Johnson Headed to the Philadelphia Eagles?
September 19, 2012 12:31 AM EST
Chad Johnson may be looking to play with the Philadelphia Eagles.
The wide receiver is a free agent, and is headed to the City of Brotherly Love on Tuesday.
"5 hours past my bed time... if I miss this flight to Philly in the morning it'd definitely be a pisstified moment," tweeted Ochocinco on Tuesday morning.
Could Johnson be heading to Philadelphia for a tryout with the Eagles?
He did not specify why he is going to Pennsylvania, but it's possible that he might be trying to sign with another team. According to Pro Football Talk, Tuesday is usually the day that teams in the NFL try out players.
The Eagles could use some help at wide receiver. Both Jeremy Maclin and DeSean Jackson have been battling injuries. Riley Cooper has missed the first two weeks with a broken collarbone.
Johnson started the summer with the Dolphins, but was released on Aug. 12. Miami decided to get rid of the wide out, following an arrest. Johnson is currently facing a domestic violence charge, after allegedly head-butting his wife.
Even before his troubles with the law, Johnson was struggling on the field. He caught just 15 balls for 276 yards with the Patriots in 2011.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]