Windows 8 RT Tablets: Asus Vivo Price Tag Likely To Start At $599; Billed Expensive
By Valli Meenakshi Ramanathan | September 18, 2012 10:54 PM EST
As the world keenly watches the next-round of the tablet war with Microsoft and its longstanding partners gearing up to launch the tablets that run on Windows 8 OS and Apple designing the launch of a smaller version of iPad in the same month, rumors are rife that Microsoft's hardware partner Asus has priced the Vivo Tab RT model at $599.
The Tegra 3-powered model is billed to be more expensive than an iPad. The tablets are likely to bear close resemblance to the existing devices comprising similar processing chips and sporting Microsoft app store. The tablet will sport a 10.1-inch Super IPS display.
Though most tablet manufacturers are likely to price Windows RT devices as low as $300, Asus does not appear keen to compete at the lower end of the market.
Another version of the tablet viz., 11.6-inch Asus Taichi, that comes with a dual-display is billed as a tablet hybrid, is likely to start at $1,299.
The price range shows that Asus devices are seen on the higher end of the spectrum, popularly referred to as "sweet spot," for PC pricing.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28