'Oh My God' Made Without Profit Intentions, Says Akshay Kumar; Sequel on the Cards
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | September 18, 2012 9:24 PM EST
Akshay Kumar's next home production "Oh My God" is a divine comedy made without the intention of making money at the box office. The movie is inspired by a Gujarati play "Kanji Virrudh" and is directed by Umesh Shukla.
"'Oh My God' is not a film which I made to earn money. It's a film which I loved, enjoyed it because I enjoyed the play and what I learnt from the play, I just wanted to share with the audience and that is why I just made this film," Akshay was quoted saying by IANS.
"So there is no expectation from this film, whatever is going to happen. I'm sure people are going to enjoy because it's not a preachy thing. Paresh Rawal is not a baba, he is just having fun in the film and I am having fun, that's it," he added.
The movie will be a fun-filled entertainment and will have actress Sonkshi Sinha grooving to the item song "Go Go Govinda".
Akshay Kumar will play the lead role of modern day Lord Krishna. Though the film includes several religious elements, the movie will be a light comedy and not hurt one's religious ideals, the 45-year-old actor said.
The story revolves around an atheist whose antique shop gets destroyed in an earthquake. It also deals with unconventional happenings in day to day lives.
According to earlier reports, Akshay's mother had asked him to read the Bhagavad Gita before playing his character and the actor was said to have obliged. There were also reports that he even turned vegetarian and that he gifted several dozen copies of the Gita to the film's cast and the crew, Mid Day reported.
Other reports suggested that there may be a sequel to the Umesh Shukla-directed comedy.
"Yes, we are working on a sequel," Paresh said in an interview. As the film has been adapted from a play, the makers have made quite a few changes to make it more appealing," actor-producer Paresh Rawal said according to Press Trust of India.
"Oh My God", which is also co-produced by Akshay Kumar and Ashvini Yard, is all set to hit theatres on Sept 28.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Make Their Big Brother Proud
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- James Foley: ISIS Demanded Multimillion Ransom, US Refused To Pay---Reports