Denver Broncos vs. Atlanta Falcons: Where to Watch Live Stream Online, Preview, Prediction for Peyton Manning’s Second Game of 2012
September 18, 2012 6:46 AM EST
Week 2 of the 2012 NFL Season concludes as the Denver Broncos and Atlanta Falcons square off on Monday Night Football.
The contest is set to get underway at 8:30 p.m. ET at the Georgia Dome. The game will be broadcast nationally on ESPN. If you can't get to a TV, you can watch a free live stream online at espn3.com.
It's Peyton Manning's second game since returning from multiple neck surgeries last year. After much speculation about how the quarterback would do with his new club, he had an impressive debut. Manning completed 73.1 percent of his passes for 253 yards and two touchdowns.
Denver started off the season at 1-0, defeating Pittsburgh 31-19 in their home opener. They'll have another tough task ahead of them as they visit Atlanta.
The Falcons had an even more impressive victory in Week 1, beating Kansas City by 16 points on the road. They're favored by three points and expected to win the contest.
With both quarterbacks playing well, the Broncos and Falcons could be in for a shootout.
Atlanta cornerback Brent Grimes was lost for the season last week with a torn Achilles. Without having to face the star defensive back, Manning could have another big performance. Look for Jacob Tamme and Eric Decker to play well.
The Broncos defensive backs will have to compete with one of the best receiving duos in the NFC. Julio Jones and Roddy White combined for 195 yards and two touchdowns in the opener.
The Falcons might have to rely on their passing game. Running back Michael Turner ran for only 32 yards on 11 rushes in the first game. The entire team only accumulated 84 yards on the ground.
Prediction: The game features two very good quarterbacks, so it should be close for most of the way. Manning looked like his old self against the Steelers, but Ryan has a few more weapons around him. The Falcons should win a close one.
Predicted Score: Atlanta 34, Denver 30
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Whose Life Changed Because of Sexual Abuse and Molestation
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- Khloe Kardashian Sympathetic About Ex-Husband Lamar Odom in Recent Instagram Posts
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People