Dallas Cowboys News: Three Reasons America’s Team Will be Fine After Losing to Seattle
By Anthony Riccobono | September 18, 2012 6:18 AM EST
The Dallas Cowboys suffered an embarrassing loss in Week 2, falling to the Seattle Seahawks 27-7. They now sit at 1-1 in the NFC East.
Dallas became one of many teams to lose after opening the season with a victory. The Cowboys join 19 other teams that have started 2012 at 1-1.
Some fans have started to panic because of the loss to a team that isn't expected to do much this year. However, the Cowboys can still be one of the best teams in the NFC.
Here are three reasons why Dallas will be fine after their game in Seattle:
Seattle wasn't picked by many experts to make the playoffs, but the Seahawks might be better than some expected. They easily defeated the Cowboys, and their loss to the Cardinals doesn't seem that bad, after Arizona's win at New England.
The Seahawks always have one of the best home-field advantages in the NFL. Despite some recent struggles, Seattle has had less than a .500 record at home just once since 2003.
Dallas was favored by just a field goal, entering the contest. A loss for the Cowboys is barely an upset.
The Cowboys should be very encouraged by the play of their secondary through the first two games.
After having one of the worst secondaries in the NFL in 2011, Dallas has been great against the pass this season. They are third in the league, allowing just 160 yards per contest. Rookie Morris Claiborne and free agent acquisition Brandon Carr have changed the identity of team's defense.
Eli Manning threw for a career-high 510 yards against the Buccaneers, but threw for less than half of that in the season opener against the Cowboys. That same kind of performance could not have happened a year ago.
He's often criticized, but Romo is one of the best quarterbacks in the league.
The Cowboys signal caller had a 74.1 quarterback rating in Sunday's loss, but that won't continue for the rest of 2012. Romo has the second-highest quarterback rating of all-time.
Dallas has failed to live up to expectations in recent years, but the quarterback isn't the problem. With an improved defense, Romo should be able to lead his team to a few more wins this season. He always puts up above-average statistics, and Romo's numbers will, eventually, be reflected in the Cowboys record.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR - Preview and Live Streaming Link
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Mayweather To Add $32 Million To Wealth Regardless Of Result Of Maidana Rematch
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List