Evelyn Lozada Claims Chad 'Ochocinco' Johnson Abused her before they Married [VIDEO]
By Toyin Owoseje | September 18, 2012 12:53 AM EST
Evelyn Lozada has alleged that her estranged husband, Chad Johnson, physically abused her before they got married.
The Basketball Wives star, who called time on her 44-day marriage to Johnson after the athlete allegedly headbutted her during a heated argument, claimed she was abused throughout their relationship.
In an emotional appearance on Iyanla: Fix My Life, she told life coach Iyanla Vanzant that the incident was not the first time the former Miami Dolphins receiver had been "inappropriate" with her.
She said that instead of dealing with the problems between them she chose to deny and dismiss the "infidelity, arguing, the 'physical'" and still married him.
However, when pushed to talk in more detail about the abuse, she declined, claiming that she wished to protect Johnson's children.
"I don't want to get into detail. That's hard for me to take about. You know why? Because I still speak to his daughter and kids.
"That's what hurts the most. That people associate me on Basketball Wives with this situation and make it that that justifies his actions," she told Vanzant.
Her apparent admission came just days after a source told Radar Online that Johnson had been an abusive partner.
"Chad has been abusive toward Evelyn from the beginning of their relationship," a source told Radad Online "[The] marriage was volatile in nature and a mistake from the start."
The couple, who tied the knot on 4 July, made headlines after Johnson, 34, was arrested for allegedly attacking her outside their Miami home after she confronted him about a condom receipt she found in the boot of their car.
Hours after his arrest, Johnson - who changed his surname to Ochocinco in 2008 before reverting to the original in July 2012 - was dropped by the Miami Dolphins.
In the wake of the incident, Lozada, known for her violent and aggressive behaviour on Basketball Wives, enlisted the help of Vanzant to help her deal with her anger problems.
In a previous episode she apologised to her stepdaughters for her behaviour and not being a positive role model for the young ladies who look up to her.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand