Evelyn Lozada Claims Chad 'Ochocinco' Johnson Abused her before they Married [VIDEO]
By Toyin Owoseje | September 18, 2012 12:53 AM EST
Evelyn Lozada has alleged that her estranged husband, Chad Johnson, physically abused her before they got married.
The Basketball Wives star, who called time on her 44-day marriage to Johnson after the athlete allegedly headbutted her during a heated argument, claimed she was abused throughout their relationship.
In an emotional appearance on Iyanla: Fix My Life, she told life coach Iyanla Vanzant that the incident was not the first time the former Miami Dolphins receiver had been "inappropriate" with her.
She said that instead of dealing with the problems between them she chose to deny and dismiss the "infidelity, arguing, the 'physical'" and still married him.
However, when pushed to talk in more detail about the abuse, she declined, claiming that she wished to protect Johnson's children.
"I don't want to get into detail. That's hard for me to take about. You know why? Because I still speak to his daughter and kids.
"That's what hurts the most. That people associate me on Basketball Wives with this situation and make it that that justifies his actions," she told Vanzant.
Her apparent admission came just days after a source told Radar Online that Johnson had been an abusive partner.
"Chad has been abusive toward Evelyn from the beginning of their relationship," a source told Radad Online "[The] marriage was volatile in nature and a mistake from the start."
The couple, who tied the knot on 4 July, made headlines after Johnson, 34, was arrested for allegedly attacking her outside their Miami home after she confronted him about a condom receipt she found in the boot of their car.
Hours after his arrest, Johnson - who changed his surname to Ochocinco in 2008 before reverting to the original in July 2012 - was dropped by the Miami Dolphins.
In the wake of the incident, Lozada, known for her violent and aggressive behaviour on Basketball Wives, enlisted the help of Vanzant to help her deal with her anger problems.
In a previous episode she apologised to her stepdaughters for her behaviour and not being a positive role model for the young ladies who look up to her.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Rafael Nadal Set To Overtake Roger Federer Grand Slam Haul By 2017
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales