Glee is back for its fourth season, warming up the television sets for the Fall return of everyone's favorite TV shows. Here is a review of the episode highlights from Season 4's premiere episode.
Glee Season 4 Spoilers: American Idol Judges Mash-Up, The Creep, and The Spice Girls!
SPOILER ALERT: This article contains spoilers. If you would rather be surprised by the new developments on Glee, stop reading now.
Glee Season 4 Episode 1: "The New Rachel" Episode Highlights
1. "The new Rachel" is the high school graduate now venturing New York to move forward the realization of her dreams. She could also be the new show choir star at McKinley High. In New York, Cassandra July (Kate Hudson) immediately shows her mean side. It is great to see Hudson in a non-romantic role for a change. Now that Rachel has to deal with another Sue, the audience gets to see how grown up (or not) has Rachel Berry become.
2. Performances from choir newbies were fun, to say the least. It seems Murphy is not going to run out of talented singers in the show. And overall, the show proves there is always a room for more. Jake Puckerman, Puck's half-brother is an act to watch.
3. Cassandra performs a mash up of Lady Gaga's "Americano" and J. Lo's "Dance Again." She reaches a new level of hotness. She is no J. Lo, but she is one mesmerizing Hudson in her number.
4. Brittany is back to giving hilarious one-liners. Her you-can't-really-scissor-a-webcam line is just outrageous. There are more funny lines from where her spiels came from, and those are certainly some of the most important reasons to keep watching the show.
5. The introduction of Brody as a potential triangle to the Rachel-Finn love story and the break-up of Mike and Tina are only a couple of steps towards showing the difficulties in keeping long distance relationships. The kids are exploring new horizons. Along with that comes self-discovery. It will be interesting to know where their new paths will take them, and who will they choose to join them in their new journeys.
There were a lot of worried fans when Glee wrapped up Season 3. So many questions were raised as to how the show could pull off scenes from Ohio and New York. Apparently, the show runners know what they are doing. No worries now. Glee is back, and it's all working out.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Australia Bids Adieu to Adam Spencer's Mornings on ABC's "702 Breakfast" Show [PHOTOS]
- Top 10 Hottest Celebrities with Shocking Weight Loss (And Find Out Their Secrets!) [PHOTOS]
- Mars Curiosity Rover Photos: UFO Hunter Spots Strange 'Ruins,' 'Missile' [PHOTOS, VIDEO]
- Miranda Kerr Exposes Breasts to Crew, Wardrobe Malfunction 'Deliberate Accident?' [PHOTOS]