Apple iPhone 5 Vs Samsung Galaxy S3 And iPhone 4S: How They Stack Up [Infographic]
By Kukil Bora | September 15, 2012 3:12 PM EST
A mere hour after pre-orders of the iPhone 5 went live at midnight Friday, Apple was forced to adjust the shipping time from one to two weeks because of overwhelming demand. At the time of reporting, the shipping time has been pushed back even further to two to three weeks.
Yes, the sixth-generation iPhone was selling like hotcakes, and according to reports, the iPhone 5 pre-orders sold out 20 times faster than those of the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. While the iPhone 4S pre-orders were sold out in 22 hours, it took about 20 hours for the iPhone 4, TechCrunch reported.
Other iPhone 5 sellers besides Apple also experienced similar dash of pre-orders and were forced to delay their shipping dates. While AT&T said new orders wouldn't be shipped for 14 to 21 business days, new orders on Verizon are now estimated to be shipped by Sept. 28.
The vast demand for the iPhone 5 also took Apple's shares to all-time high, raising the company's market value to $648 billion.
"I've never encountered anything that sold out this fast," the Los Angeles Times quoted Peter Misek, an analyst at Jefferies & Co, as saying. "We said it would be the biggest product release in consumer electronics history, but I guess we even underestimated it. It's a mania."
"Preorders for iPhone 5 have been incredible," Apple spokeswoman Nat Kerris told AllThingsD. "We've been completely blown away by the customer response."
Industry analysts believe the iPhone 5 could be the bestselling smartphone ever. They estimated that the Cupertino, Calif., tech giant could sell as many as 10 million iPhone 5 units in the first 10 days and as many as 58 million during the holiday quarter.
The massive response for the iPhone 5 pits it against 2012's hottest phone prior to this week, the Samsung Galaxy S3.
In terms of hardware, the Galaxy S3 has already proved it is far superior to iPhone 4S. But the iPhone 5 is definitely a more formidable challenger to the South Korean company's flagship device.
Below is an infographic that puts the iPhone 5 against both the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the iPhone 4S to compare the central features of each device.
Produced by MobilePhoneFinder.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports