N.Y. Giants News: Hakeem Nicks Available Against Tampa Bay On Sunday?
September 15, 2012 2:16 AM EST
New York Giants wide out Hakeem Nicks was listed as questionable leading up to the Dallas Cowboys, yet still played in the NFL season opener and his service for Week Two may be in doubt.
Nicks has been nursing a foot injury and had not practiced up until Thursday, but his return was on a "limited" basis. According to ESPN, the 24-year-old, who had been listed as "questionable," is expected to play in the Giants' home game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at MetLife Stadium on Sunday.
A Newsday blog reported on Thursday that Nicks is not at 100 percent, and "admitted last week to not being himself on the field."
Nicks had four receptions for 38 yards against Dallas. He is coming off consecutive seasons where he had over 75 receptions for over 1,000 yards.
The Giants only scored 17 points against Dallas, and quarterback Eli Manning may need every available offensive weapon against a Bucs defense that conceded just 10 points and 301 total yards to the Carolina Panthers on Sept. 9.
Should Hicks be out of action, or at least limited, the Giants may turn to Rueben Randle. The 21-year-old didn't factor in the season opener, but displayed his speed and talent in the last preseason game when he made two solid punt returns against the New England Patriots. Randle also had five receptions in four preseason games.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June