N.Y. Giants News: Hakeem Nicks Available Against Tampa Bay On Sunday?
September 15, 2012 2:16 AM EST
New York Giants wide out Hakeem Nicks was listed as questionable leading up to the Dallas Cowboys, yet still played in the NFL season opener and his service for Week Two may be in doubt.
Nicks has been nursing a foot injury and had not practiced up until Thursday, but his return was on a "limited" basis. According to ESPN, the 24-year-old, who had been listed as "questionable," is expected to play in the Giants' home game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at MetLife Stadium on Sunday.
A Newsday blog reported on Thursday that Nicks is not at 100 percent, and "admitted last week to not being himself on the field."
Nicks had four receptions for 38 yards against Dallas. He is coming off consecutive seasons where he had over 75 receptions for over 1,000 yards.
The Giants only scored 17 points against Dallas, and quarterback Eli Manning may need every available offensive weapon against a Bucs defense that conceded just 10 points and 301 total yards to the Carolina Panthers on Sept. 9.
Should Hicks be out of action, or at least limited, the Giants may turn to Rueben Randle. The 21-year-old didn't factor in the season opener, but displayed his speed and talent in the last preseason game when he made two solid punt returns against the New England Patriots. Randle also had five receptions in four preseason games.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Manchester United Defender Phil Jones Fit To Play Versus Everton
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build