N.Y. Giants News: Hakeem Nicks Available Against Tampa Bay On Sunday?
September 15, 2012 2:16 AM EST
New York Giants wide out Hakeem Nicks was listed as questionable leading up to the Dallas Cowboys, yet still played in the NFL season opener and his service for Week Two may be in doubt.
Nicks has been nursing a foot injury and had not practiced up until Thursday, but his return was on a "limited" basis. According to ESPN, the 24-year-old, who had been listed as "questionable," is expected to play in the Giants' home game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at MetLife Stadium on Sunday.
A Newsday blog reported on Thursday that Nicks is not at 100 percent, and "admitted last week to not being himself on the field."
Nicks had four receptions for 38 yards against Dallas. He is coming off consecutive seasons where he had over 75 receptions for over 1,000 yards.
The Giants only scored 17 points against Dallas, and quarterback Eli Manning may need every available offensive weapon against a Bucs defense that conceded just 10 points and 301 total yards to the Carolina Panthers on Sept. 9.
Should Hicks be out of action, or at least limited, the Giants may turn to Rueben Randle. The 21-year-old didn't factor in the season opener, but displayed his speed and talent in the last preseason game when he made two solid punt returns against the New England Patriots. Randle also had five receptions in four preseason games.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- WWE SummerSlam Results & Highlights: Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena, Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton
- Australian BASE Jumper Killed in French Alps
- Splint-Free Rafael Nadal in Intense Practice for US Open Campaign
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- US, Canada Labour Activists ‘Block the Boat for Gaza’ Succeed in Blocking Docking of Israeli Ship in California Port
- 4 Killer Android Features Apple Fans Would Love to Get Come the iPhone 6 Release Date
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Larger 5.5inch iPhone 6 Variant Will Roll Out in the Market as ‘iPhone 6L’
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff