‘Beetlejuice 2’ Rumors Continue After Winona Ryder Reveals The Script Is Being Written
By Amanda Remling | September 15, 2012 12:24 AM EST
Beetlejuice ... Beetlejuice ... Beetlejuice! Could the famous decomposing bio-exorcist be returning to the big screen? Original star Winona Ryder is on the case!
Rumors of a second round of "Beetlejuice," the 1988 film about a recently deceased couple trying to get their home back from the living, rose from the dead in January. Director Tim Burton had fans excited when he revealed that he would have no problems directing a sequel, but fans have been kept in the dark since making that announcement. Winona Ryder, who played goth teen Lydia in the film, is taking one for the team though, and going to bother Burton for an update.
"I heard [about the sequel] from journalists," Ryder revealed to MTV News at the Toronto International Film Festival. "That's how I found out, but I'm seeing Tim next week, and I will let you know."
Ryder sounds like she is playing the innocent, uninformed card, but she did reveal a little more information at TIFF.
"I'm trying to think about how that would work. Obviously I'm not the [the focal point]; it's got to be Michael [Keaton]," she explained to reporters. "So is it happening? It's being written, but is it happening? Tim hasn't confirmed it yet [officially]."
In January, Burton told reporters that he would love to revive the character and bring back Keaton.
"I always think about how great and fun that character was," he revealed. "So I just said to ['Dark Shadows' writer] Seth Grahame-Smith, 'If you have some idea about it, go for it, and then I'll look at it freshly.'"
Grahame-Smith, who also worked with Burton on the summer 2012 film "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter," took some time at this years Comic-Con to give a bit of an update on the film. The writer revealed that he's working on it when he can, but "just because we can make a 'Beetlejuice' doesn't mean we should."
For Grahame-Smith, the story needs to "feel right."
"I would rather not make this movie then have to look fellow fans in the face and go, 'I f---ed up. Sorry," he told Collider. "It's just, 'Can I crack the story?'"
With fans hungrily waiting to hear some news on the script, Ryder better report back soon.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report