LOS ANGELES LAKERS NEWS: Dwight Howard to Miss Training Camp, First Preseason Game
By Greg Price | September 14, 2012 11:33 PM EST
Superstar center Dwight Howard will not be ready for the Los Angeles Lakers' training camp or the team's preseason opener, as he is still recovering from offseason back surgery.
Howard is still rehabbing after the surgery, and he has spent much of the offseason working with his personal trainer and the Lakers' training staff.
Los Angeles made the announcement Thursday night that Howard will not be ready when camp begins on Oct. 2, and will probably miss the preseason opener on Oct. 7.
There is no word on when the six-time All-Star center will suit-up, or if he will make the Lakers' season opener against the rival Dallas Mavericks on Oct. 30 at Staples Center.
During the offseason, Los Angeles acquired the three-time Defensive Player of the Year from the Orlando Magic in a four-team trade that sent center Andrew Bynum to the Philadelphia 76ers.
Howard announced on April 19 that his back would require surgery and he would miss the rest of the NBA season and the London Summer Olympics.
With Howard's presence in the middle, Los Angeles sports a formidable starting line-up of power forward Paul Gasol, small forward Ron Artest, and future Hall Of Fame guards Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash, who the Lakers also traded for during the summer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Receives Mixed Reactions on Twitter
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools