Apple iPhone 5 Pre-Orders Sell Out Within An Hour; Handset Shipment Dates Slip To Two Weeks
By Valli Meenakshi Ramanathan | September 14, 2012 10:42 PM EST
This clearly shows how the initial stock got sold out in less than an hour and those looking for purchase after 1 a.m. PT found that new orders came with an estimated shipment dates of two weeks.
Apparently, taking transit times into account, users placing pre-orders may not receive their iPhones until two weeks after the official launch date (Sept.21).
However, customers placing orders through carriers including AT&T, Verizon and Sprint may be able to receive the launch-day delivery, but the dates are no indication to stock availability, MacRumors has added.
Billed as the "Biggest consumer electronics product launch of all time," the delivery dates continue to slip with some regions indicating two to three week waiting period, Computerworld has noted.
Previously, during the iPhone 4S launch, shipment dates extended to four weeks within 24 hours of the device launch, CNET pointed out.
Retail buyers can shop for the device Sept.21, both at the company store and carrier stores when stores open at 8 a.m. that day.
Reportedly, the accessories that accompany the new device, including lighting dock and cable connector, are pushed to the next month, weeks after buyers purchase the device. This comprises the $29 worth 30-pin Lighting dock adapter, that allows iPhone 5, iPod Nano and iPod Touch users to connect with the outdated 30-pin cables that accompanied the previous models of iPods and iPhones, CNET indicated.
New orders for the adapter commence shipping in October while the lightning to USB cable shows a waiting period of two to three weeks.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports