Apple iPhone 5 Pre-Orders Sell Out Within An Hour; Handset Shipment Dates Slip To Two Weeks
By Valli Meenakshi Ramanathan | September 14, 2012 10:42 PM EST
This clearly shows how the initial stock got sold out in less than an hour and those looking for purchase after 1 a.m. PT found that new orders came with an estimated shipment dates of two weeks.
Apparently, taking transit times into account, users placing pre-orders may not receive their iPhones until two weeks after the official launch date (Sept.21).
However, customers placing orders through carriers including AT&T, Verizon and Sprint may be able to receive the launch-day delivery, but the dates are no indication to stock availability, MacRumors has added.
Billed as the "Biggest consumer electronics product launch of all time," the delivery dates continue to slip with some regions indicating two to three week waiting period, Computerworld has noted.
Previously, during the iPhone 4S launch, shipment dates extended to four weeks within 24 hours of the device launch, CNET pointed out.
Retail buyers can shop for the device Sept.21, both at the company store and carrier stores when stores open at 8 a.m. that day.
Reportedly, the accessories that accompany the new device, including lighting dock and cable connector, are pushed to the next month, weeks after buyers purchase the device. This comprises the $29 worth 30-pin Lighting dock adapter, that allows iPhone 5, iPod Nano and iPod Touch users to connect with the outdated 30-pin cables that accompanied the previous models of iPods and iPhones, CNET indicated.
New orders for the adapter commence shipping in October while the lightning to USB cable shows a waiting period of two to three weeks.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy