Apple iPhone 5 Pre-Orders Sell Out Within An Hour; Handset Shipment Dates Slip To Two Weeks
By Valli Meenakshi Ramanathan | September 14, 2012 10:42 PM EST
This clearly shows how the initial stock got sold out in less than an hour and those looking for purchase after 1 a.m. PT found that new orders came with an estimated shipment dates of two weeks.
Apparently, taking transit times into account, users placing pre-orders may not receive their iPhones until two weeks after the official launch date (Sept.21).
However, customers placing orders through carriers including AT&T, Verizon and Sprint may be able to receive the launch-day delivery, but the dates are no indication to stock availability, MacRumors has added.
Billed as the "Biggest consumer electronics product launch of all time," the delivery dates continue to slip with some regions indicating two to three week waiting period, Computerworld has noted.
Previously, during the iPhone 4S launch, shipment dates extended to four weeks within 24 hours of the device launch, CNET pointed out.
Retail buyers can shop for the device Sept.21, both at the company store and carrier stores when stores open at 8 a.m. that day.
Reportedly, the accessories that accompany the new device, including lighting dock and cable connector, are pushed to the next month, weeks after buyers purchase the device. This comprises the $29 worth 30-pin Lighting dock adapter, that allows iPhone 5, iPod Nano and iPod Touch users to connect with the outdated 30-pin cables that accompanied the previous models of iPods and iPhones, CNET indicated.
New orders for the adapter commence shipping in October while the lightning to USB cable shows a waiting period of two to three weeks.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8