Microsoft Santa Comes Calling; Free Surface Tablets, Work PCs, Windows Phone 8 Devices For Employees
By Valli Meenakshi Ramanathan | September 14, 2012 9:06 PM EST
After the Apple iPhone 5 euphoria, it's back to Goliath Microsoft. The Redmond-software giant seems to have ushered in Christmas in Fall by deciding to distribute free surface RT tablet, Windows Phone 8 device and a refreshed Windows 8 work machine, GeekWire has reported.
In a recent company meeting held at KeyArena in Seattle, Steve Ballmer announced that Microsoft was accelerating the refresh cycle for employees' work computers in a move to migrate staff to Windows 8 machines made by hardware partners.
The Microsoft refresh cycle usually takes three years, but at present the company is planning to move employees to a new operating system en masse.
Apparently, all employees get new Windows Phone 8 devices for use at work and home. The practice is not something new though as it was employed during Windows Phone 7 release as well, GeekWire has stated.
All Full-Time Employees (FTE) are likely to receive free Surface RT machine for use at work and home.
At present, reports state that there are over 94,000 people working worldwide for the software giant. The Microsoft scrip (MSFT) closed flat at $30.93 Sept. 13.
In the after-trading hours, the scrip remained unchanged and in the pre-market trading it rose to $31.12 gaining 0.6 percent or 180 cents.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports