Stacy Keibler Steps Out Without George Clooney Amid Breakup Rumors
By Jill Heller | September 14, 2012 6:07 AM EST
Stacy Keibler looked pretty in pink on Wednesday when she was spotted stepping out at a Marchesa Spring 2013 fashion show at Grand Central Terminal for New York Fashion Week. Despite swirling rumors that the model and former WWE professional wrestler had split from her boyfriend of one year, George Clooney, Keibler looked poised and confident in a velvet baroque one-shouldered dress.
The 5-foot-11 beauty is a longtime fan of the label, which was co-founded by designers Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig. Earlier this year, she landed on best-dressed lists when she wore a gold lamé Marchesa gown to the 2012 Oscars where her beau, Clooney, was nominated for Best Actor in a leading role for his film "The Descendants."
At the Marchesa show, Keibler was seated in the highly coveted first row, right next to celebrity style mavens Kim Kardashian, Kanye West and Tyra Banks, reported the Wall Street Journal. And the red carpet treatment didn't end there; after the show she stopped to pose for photographs with Chapman and Craig, along with Kardashian.
The star-studded event was also attended by fashion regulars like Anna Wintour, Olivia Palermo, Bar Refaeli, and designers Rachel Zoe and Rachel Roy.
Keibler's boyfriend Clooney, 51, shot down claims from a British tabloid on Wednesday that the couple had ended their relationship. "A story published by a London tabloid, The Sun, concerning George Clooney and Stacy Keibler is not true. Total fabrication designed to sell newspapers," said Clooney's PR rep, Stan Rosenfield, in an interview with E! News.
The Sun story alleged that Keibler had complained to a friend that Clooney was commitment-phobic and wanted to be single.
"[Stacy] said George wants to be on his own again and has no intention of getting married," said the source. "Stacy hoped they would be together long-term. It was a big breakthrough to spend time with his parents. But over the last few weeks George has pulled away from her."
Yet contrary to the rumors, Keibler has appeared in cheerful spirits as she makes the New York Fashion Week rounds. On Tuesday, she was spotted at the Vera Wang show, where she had the honor of being called "chic" by Wang.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan