LeBron James Leaves CAA, Childhood Friend will Represent Him
By Greg Price | September 14, 2012 1:33 AM EST
Miami Heat superstar and reigning NBA MVP LeBron James has parted ways with Creative Artists Agency and agent Leon Rose.
According to Sports Business Journal, James will now be represented by his childhood friend Rich Paul, who had worked under Rose since 2008.
Paul left CAA to start Klutch Sports Management, and currently represents Cleveland Cavaliers forward Tristan Thompson and Charlotte Bobcats rookie Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, among others.
When James entered the NBA in 2003, he was represented by Aaron Goodwin. James switched to Rose in 2005.
CAA currently still represents James's Miami teammates Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, who banded together with James in the summer of 2010 to create a formidable line-up that captured the NBA championship in the 2011-2012 season.
James has been a marketable star since the start of his professional career, having received endorsement deals from McDonald's, Nike, and Coca-Cola.
James and Paul, along with their life-long friends Maverick Carter and Randy Mims, formed the marketing agency LRMR in 2005. In 2011, the group ironed out a deal for James to be a minority owner of the English Premier League club Liverpool FC.
Considered by many to be the best basketball player in the world, James can use an opt-out clause in his current contract in the summer of 2014. Paul will not be able to collect any commissions from any of James's previous deals.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’