LeBron James Leaves CAA, Childhood Friend will Represent Him
By Greg Price | September 14, 2012 1:33 AM EST
Miami Heat superstar and reigning NBA MVP LeBron James has parted ways with Creative Artists Agency and agent Leon Rose.
According to Sports Business Journal, James will now be represented by his childhood friend Rich Paul, who had worked under Rose since 2008.
Paul left CAA to start Klutch Sports Management, and currently represents Cleveland Cavaliers forward Tristan Thompson and Charlotte Bobcats rookie Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, among others.
When James entered the NBA in 2003, he was represented by Aaron Goodwin. James switched to Rose in 2005.
CAA currently still represents James's Miami teammates Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, who banded together with James in the summer of 2010 to create a formidable line-up that captured the NBA championship in the 2011-2012 season.
James has been a marketable star since the start of his professional career, having received endorsement deals from McDonald's, Nike, and Coca-Cola.
James and Paul, along with their life-long friends Maverick Carter and Randy Mims, formed the marketing agency LRMR in 2005. In 2011, the group ironed out a deal for James to be a minority owner of the English Premier League club Liverpool FC.
Considered by many to be the best basketball player in the world, James can use an opt-out clause in his current contract in the summer of 2014. Paul will not be able to collect any commissions from any of James's previous deals.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related