LeBron James Leaves CAA, Childhood Friend will Represent Him
By Greg Price | September 14, 2012 1:33 AM EST
Miami Heat superstar and reigning NBA MVP LeBron James has parted ways with Creative Artists Agency and agent Leon Rose.
According to Sports Business Journal, James will now be represented by his childhood friend Rich Paul, who had worked under Rose since 2008.
Paul left CAA to start Klutch Sports Management, and currently represents Cleveland Cavaliers forward Tristan Thompson and Charlotte Bobcats rookie Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, among others.
When James entered the NBA in 2003, he was represented by Aaron Goodwin. James switched to Rose in 2005.
CAA currently still represents James's Miami teammates Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, who banded together with James in the summer of 2010 to create a formidable line-up that captured the NBA championship in the 2011-2012 season.
James has been a marketable star since the start of his professional career, having received endorsement deals from McDonald's, Nike, and Coca-Cola.
James and Paul, along with their life-long friends Maverick Carter and Randy Mims, formed the marketing agency LRMR in 2005. In 2011, the group ironed out a deal for James to be a minority owner of the English Premier League club Liverpool FC.
Considered by many to be the best basketball player in the world, James can use an opt-out clause in his current contract in the summer of 2014. Paul will not be able to collect any commissions from any of James's previous deals.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop