MLB 2013 Schedule Released: Interleague Play All Year, Yankees and Red Sox Open Season against Each Other
September 13, 2012 5:34 AM EST
The 2012 MLB Season hasn't even come to a close, but a tentative 2013 schedule has already been released.
The new schedule is unlike any one in the history of Major League Baseball. For the first time, interleague play will take place throughout the entire year.
The change comes as a result of the Astros moving to the American League. With Houston moving from the NL Central to the AL West, there will be 15 teams in each league. With an uneven number of teams in both leagues, an AL and NL squad will have to play each other each week.
Every team will play 20 interleague games in the season. They'll be played over eight different series.
In 2013, most teams will open on a Sunday, after starting on a Thursday and Friday in the past two years. The first game of the season is scheduled start on March 31 with ESPN's "Sunday Night Baseball." The matchup has yet to be determined.
The Yankees are set to open the year at home against the Red Sox. The two AL East rivals will play their first series from April 1-3.
Click here to see the 2013 master schedule.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy