Top After-Market Nasdaq Movers (Accuray, Digital Generation, Santarus, Facebook, Applied Micro Circuits, Globecomm, Xyratex, Education Management, STEC, Lattice)
By Sreeja VN | September 12, 2012 4:13 PM EST
The top after-market Nasdaq gainers Tuesday were Accuray Inc, Digital Generation Inc, Santarus, Facebook Inc and Applied Micro Circuits Corporation.
The top after-market Nasdaq losers were Globecomm Systems, Xyratex Ltd, Education Management Corporation, STEC Inc and Lattice Semiconductor Corporation.
Accuray Inc (ARAY) shares climbed 5.51 percent to $5.98 in post-market trading. The company shares declined 5.34 percent in regular trading Tuesday.
Digital Generation Inc (DGIT) shares surged 5.00 percent to $11.55 in post-market trading. The company shares have a 52-week trading range of $7.51 - $20.98 and a market capitalization of 303.62 million.
Santarus, Inc. (BZH) shares advanced 3.72 percent to $8.09 in post-market trading after the biopharmaceutical company had announced that its Phase III clinical study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of the investigational drug, Rifamycin SV MMX, met the primary endpoint.
Facebook Inc (FB) shares rose 3.45 percent to $20.10 in post-market trading. Company's CEO Mark Zuckerberg made a public appearance at the TechCrunch Disrupt Conference in San Francisco Tuesday and spoke about the progress the company achieved in retooling itself to meet the mobile era requirements and about the progress in developing a search platform for FB.
Applied Micro Circuits Corporation (AMCC) shares gained 3.23 percent to $5.53 in post-market trading. The company shares lost nearly 3.25 percent in regular trading Tuesday.
Globecomm Systems (GCOM) shares plunged 21.05 percent to $ 10.50 in post-market trading. The company shares lost nearly 3.25 percent in regular trading Tuesday. The shares dropped after the company forecast its fiscal year 2013 revenue below analysts' current consensus estimate. The company expects consolidated revenues to be between $340 and $360 million.
Xyratex Ltd (XRTX) shares plunged 16.85 percent to $8.93 in post-market trading. The company announced Tuesday that that third quarter revenue would miss its forecast as demand for its data storage products from enterprise customers fell, sending its shares down 25 percent in extended trading, Reuters reported. Xyratex slashed its third quarter revenue to be between $271 million and $276 million, down from its prior forecast of $313 million to $373 million.
Education Management Corporation (EDMC) shares declined 3.33 percent to $5.13 in post-market trading. The company stock gained more than 12 percent in regular trading.
STEC Inc (STEC) shares fell 6.79 percent to $7.00 in post-market trading. The stock declined after the company had announced that PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP decided to discontinue as its independent registered public accounting firm.
Lattice Semiconductor Corporation (LSCC) shares declined 2.94 percent to $19.50 in post-market trading. The company shares gained nearly 7 percent in regular trading.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- China Crackdown Against Christianity: Removes Church Cross, Cites Building Code Violation
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: US CDC Issues Travel Advisory; Virus 'Dreadful and Merciless'
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8