Morgan Freeman Still Alive Despite Facebook’s Death Rumors About The Actor
By Jenalyn Villamarin | September 11, 2012 3:55 PM EST
A message to all of Morgan Freeman's fans: Breathe easy and just calm down. The internet has once again failed on its attempt to kill off the "Shawshank Redemption" actor Morgan Freeman despite its best efforts.
The 75-year old Academy Award winning actor is still alive no matter what the social networking site "Facebook" says.
Morgan Freeman was once again a victim of an online celebrity death hoax this week after a reported Facebook page announced the actor's demise that has currently acquired more than 842,000 likes.
"At about 5 p.m. ET on Thursday, our beloved actor Morgan Freeman passed away due to an artery rupture. Morgan was born on June 1, 1937. He will be missed but not forgotten. Please show your sympathy and condolences by commenting on and liking this page," the Facebook page stated.
If there was any shred of truth to the announcement, that would definitely be very sad news to the veteran actor's fans as well as his family, friends and colleagues. However, Freeman's representative dismissed the rumors and confirmed that the actor is still alive and doing well.
Meanwhile, rumors about Morgan Freeman's demise seem immortal. In late 2010, the "The Dark Knight Rises" actor became the victim of another prank claiming that Freeman had died in his home.
On the other hand, Morgan Freeman has also been the target of nastier gossips over the years. The media has previously reported that the actor planned to marry his step-granddaughter E'Dena Hines and this rumor even became so ubiquitous that Freeman was forced to issue a public statement on the issue earlier this year.
"The recent reports of any pending marriage or romantic relationship of me to anyone are defamatory fabrications from the tabloid media designed to sell papers," Freeman said. "What is even more alarming is that these fabrications are now being picked up by the legitimate press as well," the actor added.
Morgan Freeman's death rumor has somehow proved to the people that they should not easily believe what they read on the internet especially if the source is not that reliable.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy