Morgan Freeman Still Alive Despite Facebook’s Death Rumors About The Actor
By Jenalyn Villamarin | September 11, 2012 3:55 PM EST
A message to all of Morgan Freeman's fans: Breathe easy and just calm down. The internet has once again failed on its attempt to kill off the "Shawshank Redemption" actor Morgan Freeman despite its best efforts.
The 75-year old Academy Award winning actor is still alive no matter what the social networking site "Facebook" says.
Morgan Freeman was once again a victim of an online celebrity death hoax this week after a reported Facebook page announced the actor's demise that has currently acquired more than 842,000 likes.
"At about 5 p.m. ET on Thursday, our beloved actor Morgan Freeman passed away due to an artery rupture. Morgan was born on June 1, 1937. He will be missed but not forgotten. Please show your sympathy and condolences by commenting on and liking this page," the Facebook page stated.
If there was any shred of truth to the announcement, that would definitely be very sad news to the veteran actor's fans as well as his family, friends and colleagues. However, Freeman's representative dismissed the rumors and confirmed that the actor is still alive and doing well.
Meanwhile, rumors about Morgan Freeman's demise seem immortal. In late 2010, the "The Dark Knight Rises" actor became the victim of another prank claiming that Freeman had died in his home.
On the other hand, Morgan Freeman has also been the target of nastier gossips over the years. The media has previously reported that the actor planned to marry his step-granddaughter E'Dena Hines and this rumor even became so ubiquitous that Freeman was forced to issue a public statement on the issue earlier this year.
"The recent reports of any pending marriage or romantic relationship of me to anyone are defamatory fabrications from the tabloid media designed to sell papers," Freeman said. "What is even more alarming is that these fabrications are now being picked up by the legitimate press as well," the actor added.
Morgan Freeman's death rumor has somehow proved to the people that they should not easily believe what they read on the internet especially if the source is not that reliable.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World