Morgan Freeman Still Alive Despite Facebook’s Death Rumors About The Actor
By Jenalyn Villamarin | September 11, 2012 3:55 PM EST
A message to all of Morgan Freeman's fans: Breathe easy and just calm down. The internet has once again failed on its attempt to kill off the "Shawshank Redemption" actor Morgan Freeman despite its best efforts.
The 75-year old Academy Award winning actor is still alive no matter what the social networking site "Facebook" says.
Morgan Freeman was once again a victim of an online celebrity death hoax this week after a reported Facebook page announced the actor's demise that has currently acquired more than 842,000 likes.
"At about 5 p.m. ET on Thursday, our beloved actor Morgan Freeman passed away due to an artery rupture. Morgan was born on June 1, 1937. He will be missed but not forgotten. Please show your sympathy and condolences by commenting on and liking this page," the Facebook page stated.
If there was any shred of truth to the announcement, that would definitely be very sad news to the veteran actor's fans as well as his family, friends and colleagues. However, Freeman's representative dismissed the rumors and confirmed that the actor is still alive and doing well.
Meanwhile, rumors about Morgan Freeman's demise seem immortal. In late 2010, the "The Dark Knight Rises" actor became the victim of another prank claiming that Freeman had died in his home.
On the other hand, Morgan Freeman has also been the target of nastier gossips over the years. The media has previously reported that the actor planned to marry his step-granddaughter E'Dena Hines and this rumor even became so ubiquitous that Freeman was forced to issue a public statement on the issue earlier this year.
"The recent reports of any pending marriage or romantic relationship of me to anyone are defamatory fabrications from the tabloid media designed to sell papers," Freeman said. "What is even more alarming is that these fabrications are now being picked up by the legitimate press as well," the actor added.
Morgan Freeman's death rumor has somehow proved to the people that they should not easily believe what they read on the internet especially if the source is not that reliable.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia