Morgan Freeman Still Alive Despite Facebook’s Death Rumors About The Actor
By Jenalyn Villamarin | September 11, 2012 3:55 PM EST
A message to all of Morgan Freeman's fans: Breathe easy and just calm down. The internet has once again failed on its attempt to kill off the "Shawshank Redemption" actor Morgan Freeman despite its best efforts.
The 75-year old Academy Award winning actor is still alive no matter what the social networking site "Facebook" says.
Morgan Freeman was once again a victim of an online celebrity death hoax this week after a reported Facebook page announced the actor's demise that has currently acquired more than 842,000 likes.
"At about 5 p.m. ET on Thursday, our beloved actor Morgan Freeman passed away due to an artery rupture. Morgan was born on June 1, 1937. He will be missed but not forgotten. Please show your sympathy and condolences by commenting on and liking this page," the Facebook page stated.
If there was any shred of truth to the announcement, that would definitely be very sad news to the veteran actor's fans as well as his family, friends and colleagues. However, Freeman's representative dismissed the rumors and confirmed that the actor is still alive and doing well.
Meanwhile, rumors about Morgan Freeman's demise seem immortal. In late 2010, the "The Dark Knight Rises" actor became the victim of another prank claiming that Freeman had died in his home.
On the other hand, Morgan Freeman has also been the target of nastier gossips over the years. The media has previously reported that the actor planned to marry his step-granddaughter E'Dena Hines and this rumor even became so ubiquitous that Freeman was forced to issue a public statement on the issue earlier this year.
"The recent reports of any pending marriage or romantic relationship of me to anyone are defamatory fabrications from the tabloid media designed to sell papers," Freeman said. "What is even more alarming is that these fabrications are now being picked up by the legitimate press as well," the actor added.
Morgan Freeman's death rumor has somehow proved to the people that they should not easily believe what they read on the internet especially if the source is not that reliable.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales