Morgan Freeman Still Alive Despite Facebook’s Death Rumors About The Actor
By Jenalyn Villamarin | September 11, 2012 3:55 PM EST
A message to all of Morgan Freeman's fans: Breathe easy and just calm down. The internet has once again failed on its attempt to kill off the "Shawshank Redemption" actor Morgan Freeman despite its best efforts.
The 75-year old Academy Award winning actor is still alive no matter what the social networking site "Facebook" says.
Morgan Freeman was once again a victim of an online celebrity death hoax this week after a reported Facebook page announced the actor's demise that has currently acquired more than 842,000 likes.
"At about 5 p.m. ET on Thursday, our beloved actor Morgan Freeman passed away due to an artery rupture. Morgan was born on June 1, 1937. He will be missed but not forgotten. Please show your sympathy and condolences by commenting on and liking this page," the Facebook page stated.
If there was any shred of truth to the announcement, that would definitely be very sad news to the veteran actor's fans as well as his family, friends and colleagues. However, Freeman's representative dismissed the rumors and confirmed that the actor is still alive and doing well.
Meanwhile, rumors about Morgan Freeman's demise seem immortal. In late 2010, the "The Dark Knight Rises" actor became the victim of another prank claiming that Freeman had died in his home.
On the other hand, Morgan Freeman has also been the target of nastier gossips over the years. The media has previously reported that the actor planned to marry his step-granddaughter E'Dena Hines and this rumor even became so ubiquitous that Freeman was forced to issue a public statement on the issue earlier this year.
"The recent reports of any pending marriage or romantic relationship of me to anyone are defamatory fabrications from the tabloid media designed to sell papers," Freeman said. "What is even more alarming is that these fabrications are now being picked up by the legitimate press as well," the actor added.
Morgan Freeman's death rumor has somehow proved to the people that they should not easily believe what they read on the internet especially if the source is not that reliable.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS