Blake Lively And Ryan Reynolds Wed In Surprise ‘Notebook’ Style Ceremony
By Justine Ashley Costanza | September 11, 2012 4:31 AM EST
The surprise wedding between Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds took even the most avid star-gazers by surprise. On Monday, People magazine broke the news that the pair, who have been dating for less than a year, wed on Sunday at the Boone Hall Plantation in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. As it turns out, that's the same location where the romantic tearjerker "The Notebook" was filmed.
US Weekly is reporting that the couple married at the same spot where lovers Allie (Rachel McAdams) and Noah (Ryan Gosling) spent their summers in the film. Coincidentally, Lively and Gosling were rumored to be an item in late 2010.
Florence Welch (of "Florence and The Machine") and Bette Midler reportedly performed at the intimate ceremony, which included about 60 guests.
Reynolds, 35, and Lively, 25, met while filming "The Green Lantern" in early 2011. Since they began dating in October that same year, they have kept their romance private.
According to TMZ, false rumors that the couple had already tied the knot emerged in July when Reynolds filed a police report against a photographer. In the report, which was published by the site, the officer who took the complaint refers to Lively as Reynolds' "wife."
Reynolds became engaged to Alanis Morissette in 2004, after dating for two years, but the pair split in February of 2007 before exchanging vows.
Reynolds married actress Scarlett Johansson in 2008. They split in late 2010 after just two years of marriage. Back in April, the star confessed to Vogue that the spilt caused her tremendous grief.
Johansson called the spilt "horrible . . . Of course it's horrible. It was devastating. It really throws you. You think that your life is going to be one way, and then, for various reasons or whatever, it doesn't work out."
The 27-year-old added that divorce is "the loneliest thing you'll ever do, in some way."
Following the demise of their marriage, Reynolds was rumored to be linked to his "The Proposal" co-star Sandra Bullock.
In the months before taking up with Reynolds, the actress dated Leonardo Dicaprio. The two were snapped getting cozy in various cities, such as Monte Carlo and Portofino, Italy.
Prior to that, Lively famously dated her "Gossip Girl" co-star Penn Badgley from 2008 to 2010.
On Monday, Badgley voiced his supported for his ex.
"I actually didn't know until last night, but I think it's fantastic," Badgley, told People. "I couldn't be happier for her."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes