Blake Lively And Ryan Reynolds Wed In Surprise ‘Notebook’ Style Ceremony
By Justine Ashley Costanza | September 11, 2012 4:31 AM EST
The surprise wedding between Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds took even the most avid star-gazers by surprise. On Monday, People magazine broke the news that the pair, who have been dating for less than a year, wed on Sunday at the Boone Hall Plantation in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. As it turns out, that's the same location where the romantic tearjerker "The Notebook" was filmed.
US Weekly is reporting that the couple married at the same spot where lovers Allie (Rachel McAdams) and Noah (Ryan Gosling) spent their summers in the film. Coincidentally, Lively and Gosling were rumored to be an item in late 2010.
Florence Welch (of "Florence and The Machine") and Bette Midler reportedly performed at the intimate ceremony, which included about 60 guests.
Reynolds, 35, and Lively, 25, met while filming "The Green Lantern" in early 2011. Since they began dating in October that same year, they have kept their romance private.
According to TMZ, false rumors that the couple had already tied the knot emerged in July when Reynolds filed a police report against a photographer. In the report, which was published by the site, the officer who took the complaint refers to Lively as Reynolds' "wife."
Reynolds became engaged to Alanis Morissette in 2004, after dating for two years, but the pair split in February of 2007 before exchanging vows.
Reynolds married actress Scarlett Johansson in 2008. They split in late 2010 after just two years of marriage. Back in April, the star confessed to Vogue that the spilt caused her tremendous grief.
Johansson called the spilt "horrible . . . Of course it's horrible. It was devastating. It really throws you. You think that your life is going to be one way, and then, for various reasons or whatever, it doesn't work out."
The 27-year-old added that divorce is "the loneliest thing you'll ever do, in some way."
Following the demise of their marriage, Reynolds was rumored to be linked to his "The Proposal" co-star Sandra Bullock.
In the months before taking up with Reynolds, the actress dated Leonardo Dicaprio. The two were snapped getting cozy in various cities, such as Monte Carlo and Portofino, Italy.
Prior to that, Lively famously dated her "Gossip Girl" co-star Penn Badgley from 2008 to 2010.
On Monday, Badgley voiced his supported for his ex.
"I actually didn't know until last night, but I think it's fantastic," Badgley, told People. "I couldn't be happier for her."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date