Morgan Freeman Death Hoax Dismissed By His Representative
By Jenalyn Villamarin | September 10, 2012 5:33 PM EST
Veteran actor Morgan Freeman became a victim to another celebrity death hoax after a page on the social networking site "Facebook" was created. Morgan Freeman's Facebook death page had also immediately gained more than 60,000 followers after it was stated there that the 75-year old "The Dark Knight Rises" actor had passed away.
Soon after the rumors started to spread like wildfire, a representative of Morgan Freeman quickly dismissed the reports by claiming that the actor is alive and well.
"Morgan is alive and well, and joins the long list of actors who have been victimized by this hoax. He's still alive and well, stop believing what you see on the Internet," Morgan's representative said. It is good to know that Morgan Freeman is not dead. However, the famous actor is continuously killed off on the internet and it is not even true. Freeman now joins Eddie Murphy and Jackie Chan with the most announced death hoaxes in a short period of time.
Thousands of people have flocked to the said Facebook page by leaving their messages of condolences and the word started to spread faster than a hot butter. Nine times out of ten, someone starts these death rumors on another famous social networking site "Twitter." Now that these people are beginning to involve "Facebook" in announcing celebrity deaths, there will definitely be more bogus reports and more people falling in to the trap.
Meanwhile, some trusting fans believed the rumors and others were immediately skeptical of the report perhaps they have already learned their lesson from the huge amount of fake death reports emerging about celebrities over the recent months. Some pointed out that the news had not been carried on or announced by any major network clearly indicating that it was just a fake report. The death of an actor of Morgan Freeman's stature would definitely be major news across the networks.
There were also some fans who have expressed their anger at the fake report saying that it was reckless, distressing and hurtful to fans of the much loved talented actor. On the other hand, other fans have seen the funny side on the rumors by simply stating that Freeman could not die as he was "God" pertaining to Freeman's popular character in the Hollywood blockbuster films "Bruce Almighty" and "Evan Almighty."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy