United's Young Striker Hints at Exit
By Vishnuprasad S | September 7, 2012 10:00 PM EST
Manchester United striker Joshua King has revealed he might leave the club during the winter transfer window if he failed to secure more playing time. The Norway U21 international graduated from the Old Trafford academy back in 2009 but has so far managed only one senior appearance for the Red Devils.
"I have set Christmas as a deadline. If I haven't got more playing time by then, I will consider moving to another club. Considering the players United have, it is not easy to get into the starting XI. I would prefer to stay in England, but in case I do return to Norway, Molde is the only option," Sky Sports quoted the 20 year old as saying.
King had loan spells at Preston North End, Borussia Monchengladbach and Hull City in the last two seasons.
Tosic Regrets Leaving United
Meanwhile, CSKA Moscow winger Zoran Tosic feels he should not have left United and instead should have stayed and fought for his place. The Serbian was signed by Sir Alex Ferguson in January 2009 from Partizan Belgrade but he left the club after 18 months, making just five appearances in all competitions. Tosic has now revealed he still looks back to his time at Old Trafford and thinks he should have stayed longer, especially after returning from a good loan spell at Cologne.
"Maybe I shouldn't have been so quick and should have worked longer to show Sir Alex. I spoke with Sir Alex many times and he kept telling me I had quality and just had to keep working hard. But I wanted to play more games so went to Cologne in Germany on loan and had a great six months there," ESPN quoted the 25 year old.
"When I came back to Manchester I was expecting to play more games for United but it didn't happen. In the end I wasn't sure I was going to get the chance I felt I deserved so decided to change club. Even now I am always thinking about that moment. Maybe I shouldn't have been so quick and should have worked longer to show Sir Alex. Maybe I should have stayed and fought for my place. This was Man United after all," Tosic added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon