RomAur MIUI Custom ROM, Based on Android
4.0.4 Available for Samsung
Galaxy S3 [Installation Guide]. Image Credit: Samsung
Samsung Galaxy S3 owners can now taste the RomAur MIUI ROM based on Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) operating system, courtesy an XDA senior member known as auras76. The developer claims that the latest MIUI ROM is based on the official MIUI 2.8.31 from MIUI Android forum. The ROM reportedly features multi-language support, speed optimisations, good battery life, Bravia engine, Xloud and more.
This is not an official release from Samsung and hence might contain bugs and a few stock Samsung ROM features such as FM Radio will be unavailable.
Take a look at the steps below on how to install the RomAur MIUI custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3. IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk and reiterate we will not be held responsible for any consequences.
- Please keep in mind that the ROM as well as the instructions below are compatible only with the international variant of Samsung Galaxy S3 with model number i9300. Hence, do not make an attempt to try it on any other device.
- You can manually check the model number by heading to Settings > About phone.
- The method will wipe away all the data, settings and apps. IBTimes UK advises users to make a back-up of all data including APN settings before the installation.
- Finally, ensure that ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery is installed on your Galaxy S3.
How to install RomAur MIUI ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300:
- Download the latest version of ROM from the official thread on xda-developers forum
- Without extracting copy downloaded zip file to device's internal SD card
- Turn off the phone and boot to CWM recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons until the screen turns on. After releasing the buttons, the device will boot into CWM recovery
- Make a backup of the existing ROM. To do so, choose Backup and Restore > on next screen choose Backup. On completing the backup, go back to main recovery menu
- Choose Wipe Data/Factory reset and then select Wipe Cache Partition
- Choose install zip from sdcard and then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to ROM file and select it
- Choose "Yes" to confirm installation. The ROM will begin installing
- After installing ROM, choose go back and then select reboot system now to reboot the device into MIUI ROM
You have now installed RomAur MIUI ROM on your international variant of Samsung Galaxy S3.
[Note: If you want to revert to the previous ROM then boot into recovery using the method explained in step 4. Choose backup and restore, then you can restore the previous ROM by opting it from the list.
[Information Courtesy: The Android Soul]
To contact the editor, e-mail: