4.1.1 firmware is available for Galaxy S3.
Official Jelly Bean firmware for the international version of the Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300) has been leaked, as the file was being rolled out to Kies servers. The leaked file is XXDLI3 Android 4.1.1. This latest leak, Team Android claims, transfers successfully to the S3 and almost all features have been reported as working properly. An earlier build, XXDLI2, SamMobile indicates, was the most stable to date, and included enhanced menu options, increased RAM and improvements to the TouchWiz User Interface (UI) and Wi-Fi connectivity options.
Users looking to update the Galaxy S3 with the XXDLI3 firmware may follow the instructions below. IBTimes UK warns its readers it will not be held responsible for damage to the device during installation.
Users are advised to download USB drivers and enable USB debugging mode. Also ensure the phone is factory unlocked and the battery is properly charged. Do not forget to back-up important data before proceeding and verify the build number of the Galaxy S3, since this firmware works only with the international version.
Steps to Install Android 4.1.1 XXDLI3 for Galaxy S3
- Download XXDLI3 Android 4.1.1
- Download Odin v1.85
- Turn phone off and place it in Download Mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons until a warning message appears and then press Power again)
- Start the Odin programme on your computer
- Connect Galaxy S3 to the computer while the former is in Download Mode
- In Odin, select these files in the order mentioned
- a) Click on PDA and select file CODE
- b) Click on PHONE and select file MODEM
- c) Click on CSC and select file CSC
- d) Click on PIT and select file .pit
- Note: Ignore final three steps if such files are not found
- In Odin, click on Start to begin installation
- Upon completion of installation, the phone will restart automatically. You may now safely unplug the Galaxy S3 from the computer. Once unplugged, turn the phone off again
- Place phone in Recovery Mode (turn on phone by simultaneously pressing Volume Up, Home and Power buttons)
- Browse to Recovery Menu and select Wipe Data > Factory Reset and confirm data wipe
- Select Reboot System, to boot in to new firmware
The Galaxy S3 is now running Android 4.1.1 XXDLI3 firmware. You can check version number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
To contact the editor, e-mail: