AUDIO: Bobby Valentine Threatens to Punch Radio Host in the Mouth
September 6, 2012 6:48 AM EST
Bobby Valentine told a Boston radio host that he wanted to hit him in a recent interview.
During his appearance on WEEI's "Big Show," host Glenn Ordway asked the Red Sox manager if he had "checked out" of the team's season. Valentine clearly didn't appreciate the question.
"If I were there right now I'd punch you in the mouth," exclaimed Valentine, who was insulted by the question. "Why would somebody even, that's stuff that a comic strip person would write."
Ordway brought up the fact that Valentine was late to a recent game against the Athletics. The manager retorted by saying he had to pick up his son from the airport.
The Red Sox have grossly underachieved in their first season as the team's manager. With 25 games left, Boston is 63-74, and 14 games out of first place in the American League East.
Valentine has been widely unpopular in the clubhouse. A report came out saying that 17 Red Sox players had a meeting, and asked Boston ownership to fire the manager.
There has been a lot of speculation that Valentine will be fired before the 2013 season. In the interview, he described the year as "miserable."
Below is the audio of Valentine telling Ordway that he wanted to punch him.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage