AUDIO: Bobby Valentine Threatens to Punch Radio Host in the Mouth
September 6, 2012 6:48 AM EST
Bobby Valentine told a Boston radio host that he wanted to hit him in a recent interview.
During his appearance on WEEI's "Big Show," host Glenn Ordway asked the Red Sox manager if he had "checked out" of the team's season. Valentine clearly didn't appreciate the question.
"If I were there right now I'd punch you in the mouth," exclaimed Valentine, who was insulted by the question. "Why would somebody even, that's stuff that a comic strip person would write."
Ordway brought up the fact that Valentine was late to a recent game against the Athletics. The manager retorted by saying he had to pick up his son from the airport.
The Red Sox have grossly underachieved in their first season as the team's manager. With 25 games left, Boston is 63-74, and 14 games out of first place in the American League East.
Valentine has been widely unpopular in the clubhouse. A report came out saying that 17 Red Sox players had a meeting, and asked Boston ownership to fire the manager.
There has been a lot of speculation that Valentine will be fired before the 2013 season. In the interview, he described the year as "miserable."
Below is the audio of Valentine telling Ordway that he wanted to punch him.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date