AUDIO: Bobby Valentine Threatens to Punch Radio Host in the Mouth
September 6, 2012 6:48 AM EST
Bobby Valentine told a Boston radio host that he wanted to hit him in a recent interview.
During his appearance on WEEI's "Big Show," host Glenn Ordway asked the Red Sox manager if he had "checked out" of the team's season. Valentine clearly didn't appreciate the question.
"If I were there right now I'd punch you in the mouth," exclaimed Valentine, who was insulted by the question. "Why would somebody even, that's stuff that a comic strip person would write."
Ordway brought up the fact that Valentine was late to a recent game against the Athletics. The manager retorted by saying he had to pick up his son from the airport.
The Red Sox have grossly underachieved in their first season as the team's manager. With 25 games left, Boston is 63-74, and 14 games out of first place in the American League East.
Valentine has been widely unpopular in the clubhouse. A report came out saying that 17 Red Sox players had a meeting, and asked Boston ownership to fire the manager.
There has been a lot of speculation that Valentine will be fired before the 2013 season. In the interview, he described the year as "miserable."
Below is the audio of Valentine telling Ordway that he wanted to punch him.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Grimm Season 4 Spoilers: Comic-Con Answers Served, Nick 'Un-Grimmed' Affects His Wesen Friends' Honeymoon
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast