AUDIO: Bobby Valentine Threatens to Punch Radio Host in the Mouth
September 6, 2012 6:48 AM EST
Bobby Valentine told a Boston radio host that he wanted to hit him in a recent interview.
During his appearance on WEEI's "Big Show," host Glenn Ordway asked the Red Sox manager if he had "checked out" of the team's season. Valentine clearly didn't appreciate the question.
"If I were there right now I'd punch you in the mouth," exclaimed Valentine, who was insulted by the question. "Why would somebody even, that's stuff that a comic strip person would write."
Ordway brought up the fact that Valentine was late to a recent game against the Athletics. The manager retorted by saying he had to pick up his son from the airport.
The Red Sox have grossly underachieved in their first season as the team's manager. With 25 games left, Boston is 63-74, and 14 games out of first place in the American League East.
Valentine has been widely unpopular in the clubhouse. A report came out saying that 17 Red Sox players had a meeting, and asked Boston ownership to fire the manager.
There has been a lot of speculation that Valentine will be fired before the 2013 season. In the interview, he described the year as "miserable."
Below is the audio of Valentine telling Ordway that he wanted to punch him.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29