AUDIO: Bobby Valentine Threatens to Punch Radio Host in the Mouth
September 6, 2012 6:48 AM EST
Bobby Valentine told a Boston radio host that he wanted to hit him in a recent interview.
During his appearance on WEEI's "Big Show," host Glenn Ordway asked the Red Sox manager if he had "checked out" of the team's season. Valentine clearly didn't appreciate the question.
"If I were there right now I'd punch you in the mouth," exclaimed Valentine, who was insulted by the question. "Why would somebody even, that's stuff that a comic strip person would write."
Ordway brought up the fact that Valentine was late to a recent game against the Athletics. The manager retorted by saying he had to pick up his son from the airport.
The Red Sox have grossly underachieved in their first season as the team's manager. With 25 games left, Boston is 63-74, and 14 games out of first place in the American League East.
Valentine has been widely unpopular in the clubhouse. A report came out saying that 17 Red Sox players had a meeting, and asked Boston ownership to fire the manager.
There has been a lot of speculation that Valentine will be fired before the 2013 season. In the interview, he described the year as "miserable."
Below is the audio of Valentine telling Ordway that he wanted to punch him.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown