Glenn Beck To Boycott American Airlines After Being Treated 'As A Subhuman' By Attendant [VIDEO]
By Connor Adams Sheets | September 5, 2012 11:30 AM EST
Glenn Beck is boycotting American Airlines permanently, the conservative media personality announced on his radio show Tuesday evening, citing an instance of being treated rudely by an attendant during a recent flight on the carrier.
Beck's announcement that he plans to never fly American again, preferring to boycott the company outright, very quickly yielded an apology from American Airlines, and a commitment to determine what happened.
Beck said on his radio show on Tuesday that an attendant on a flight from New York City to Texas that he was on recently treated him as if he had been "blacklisted." You can click here to watch the video and read the full text of the comments he made Tuesday, but here's one of the juiciest parts of his discussion on Tuesday's show, and below that we have provided some context for readers:
"My flight attendant nearly ‑‑ merely barked the word "breakfast" when he came to me. When others were politely asked if they cared for anything to eat and given the choices, I was just barked at. When he delivered a soda, he slammed it down so hard, I hesitated to even open the can for fear that it would spray all over other passengers in the cabin. By the way, the other passengers, nobody else had to open their can. He opened it and poured it for them. Never once did he look me in the eye. Never once did he offer a kind or even a neutral word to me. I had service unlike I have never had ever before in my life, and I have had rude service before. I lived in New York City. I have never had service that was specifically designed to make me feel subhuman."
The multimillionaire went on to say something that really caught the ear of American Airlines: "My family will never choose American Airlines again ... if this is the kind of people that American Airlines likes to hire."
First American Airlines sent out an apology via Twitter, and shortly thereafter spokesman Matt Miller said the following:
"We are sorry for the experience Mr. Beck had on a recent flight. The comfort and satisfaction of our customers are very important priorities to us and we take these matters seriously. We have reached out to Mr. Beck's office and are actively looking into the situation."
The initial tweet came shortly after 8:30 p.m. Tuesday evening, about nine hours after the conclusions of Glenn Beck's comments during his radio show:
"We're sorry for the experience Mr. Beck had on his trip. We've reached out to his office & are actively looking into this," the official American Airlines Twitter account Tweeted.
Beck initially tweeted a link late Tuesday morning to his conversation about the mistreatment he said he suffered at the hands of an American Airlines employee, writing the following:
"I hope I am the last person who has to experience this type of treatment on @AmericanAir," and including a link to an article he wrote about the situation, accompanied by a recording of his show on the topic.
He even went so far as to say in a follow-up Tweet that he is "investigating" whether or not to continue to discuss his foul treatment during an upcoming hour of his radio show.
Click play below to watch Glenn Beck live in the studio, discussing his boycott of American Airlines:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Fears Cause Hysteria In United States And Around The World
- Kate Middleton All Smiles In First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- Baby Corpses Found in Storage Locker in Canada
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report