Justin Bieber's Ex-Girlfriend Speaks Up on Domestic Violence
By Diadem Pambid | August 29, 2012 5:32 PM EST
It's always an eye-opener when artists show videos that promote awareness. However, it means an entirely different thing when an artist shows awareness for something so personal, that she allows an experience from her own life to actually be part of what the word will see. And this is exactly what Jasmine Villegas did for the video of her recently released single "Didn't Mean It".
The 18-year-old, best known for being Justin Bieber's ex-girlfriend as well as the love interest of the Canadian teen star in the hit single "Baby," released the single along with a music video that is certainly an eye-opener. The video itself shows clips of the singer, slapped and dragged by her hair, while screaming for help.
Her boyfriend may be played by an unidentified actor, but to portray the said abuse in a video can definitely mean something.
The 18-year old discussed the said relationship and revealed the entire ordeal in her first in-person interview.
"After shedding a tear during the interview, she told us, 'I've never talked about this in person. I'm surprised I got so choked up.'" reported Celebuzz about their exclusive one-on-one interview with Villegas.
Jasmine Villegas was 11 when she was first discovered while singing on the street. Her first professional singing gig was when she sang the American National Anthem for the LA Clippers. Then she appeared in the hit single, "Baby" by Justin Bieber. The two did date briefly, after having her career jumpstart by the said appearance in the music video.
"Villegas then revealed how she finally got out of her violent relationship and offered her advice for other girls who are in the same position." continued Villegas, as quoted by Celebuzz.
The singer did not say anything about the teen heartthrob, but it can be assumed that she was treated with respect since the current relationship Justin Bieber has with Selena Gomez seems to be an extremely blossoming one.
Jasmine Villegas may not be as popular as her ex Justin, but with a million followers on Twitter, she can definitely be a woman of power, alongside Oprah and Lady Gaga, who also carry a lot on their shoulders.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports