FX Education: Trading Strategy based on Pivot Point (Part 1)
By Roger Baettig | August 24, 2012 6:19 AM EST
In my trading I am following a Pivot Point Strategy. I compare every day in the early morning at a certain time the Pivot Point with the previous day close. According to that comparison I open a Pending Order. That's it, that's all I do for my trading.
Let me explain.
This is an ordinary green candle:
This is an ordinary red candle:
So where does the Pivot Point come into the game?
Definition Pivot Point
Pivot Point = (High + Low + Close) / 3
But what does that mean?
Now you might say the candle was red anyway, so we knew already that it is bearish. That is only half true. The candle is read because it closed below the Open. But this doesn't mean that the candle was bearish.
Let's see another example:
What about this candle? It is green. But like the candle before it is bearish, because the close was below the Pivot Point.
But why is this candle bearish?
And that is the whole point of the Pivot Point Strategy. I just compare the Pivot Point with the Close of the daily candle yesterday.
If the Close was above the Pivot Point, it will by a bullish day. If the Close was below the Pivot Point, it will be a bearish day.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best