FX Education: Trading Strategy based on Pivot Point (Part 1)
By Roger Baettig | August 24, 2012 6:19 AM EST
In my trading I am following a Pivot Point Strategy. I compare every day in the early morning at a certain time the Pivot Point with the previous day close. According to that comparison I open a Pending Order. That's it, that's all I do for my trading.
Let me explain.
This is an ordinary green candle:
This is an ordinary red candle:
So where does the Pivot Point come into the game?
Definition Pivot Point
Pivot Point = (High + Low + Close) / 3
But what does that mean?
Now you might say the candle was red anyway, so we knew already that it is bearish. That is only half true. The candle is read because it closed below the Open. But this doesn't mean that the candle was bearish.
Let's see another example:
What about this candle? It is green. But like the candle before it is bearish, because the close was below the Pivot Point.
But why is this candle bearish?
And that is the whole point of the Pivot Point Strategy. I just compare the Pivot Point with the Close of the daily candle yesterday.
If the Close was above the Pivot Point, it will by a bullish day. If the Close was below the Pivot Point, it will be a bearish day.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop