FX Education: Trading Strategy based on Pivot Point (Part 1)
By Roger Baettig | August 24, 2012 6:19 AM EST
In my trading I am following a Pivot Point Strategy. I compare every day in the early morning at a certain time the Pivot Point with the previous day close. According to that comparison I open a Pending Order. That's it, that's all I do for my trading.
Let me explain.
This is an ordinary green candle:
This is an ordinary red candle:
So where does the Pivot Point come into the game?
Definition Pivot Point
Pivot Point = (High + Low + Close) / 3
But what does that mean?
Now you might say the candle was red anyway, so we knew already that it is bearish. That is only half true. The candle is read because it closed below the Open. But this doesn't mean that the candle was bearish.
Let's see another example:
What about this candle? It is green. But like the candle before it is bearish, because the close was below the Pivot Point.
But why is this candle bearish?
And that is the whole point of the Pivot Point Strategy. I just compare the Pivot Point with the Close of the daily candle yesterday.
If the Close was above the Pivot Point, it will by a bullish day. If the Close was below the Pivot Point, it will be a bearish day.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation