'Fifty Shades of Grey' and Bret Ellis: Top 5 Reasons Why Matt Bomer Is The Best Christian Grey Candidate
By Arlene Paredes | August 20, 2012 1:51 PM EST
"Fifty Shades of Grey" is drawing a lot of controversy way before film production date. Anticipation is heightened by casting rumours, with Matt Bomer being one of the most popular actors being cast by fans for the role of BDSM-dominant Christian Grey.
Meanwhile, "American Psycho" author Bret Easton Ellis stirred debate when he launched a one-man campaign against Bomer, saying he "comes off totally gay in White Collar" and it indicates he would not make a convincing straight sex demigod.
Bomer, who has long come out as gay, has not been officially tapped to play Christian Grey, but he has a strong following among the book's fans.
Here are Top 5 Reasons why Matt Bomer is one of the top Christian Grey candidates:
5. Dapper vibe. Bomer's sleek and elegant appeal in the series "White Collar" reconciles with the vibe exuded by Christian Grey. The way he walks and the way he talks tell a lot of fans that they are looking at Grey, and there is no better actor for the role.
4. "Mr. Sensitive" charisma. As con-man and art thief Neal Caffrey in White Collar, Bomer has proven he can play the sensitive masculine character and draw women into his arms with his charm and eloquence.
3. Enigma. Bomer can work on a mysteriously quiet and puzzling character all too well. He can come off with the kind of enigma that makes people wonder whether he is mostly dark or mostly positive deep inside.
2. Style plus substance. From vintage hats to branded suits and elegant leather shoes, Bomer always goes out in style in White Collar. His best friend in the series has also called him "Cheekbones," referring to one of his seductive facial features.
1. Deep blue eyes. Matt Bomer's blue eyes pierce through women's hearts like a straight arrow. The best trick in playing Christian Grey is to look deep into a woman's soul with just one look. Bomer can do that quite effectively.
The fact that Bomer is gay is not enough reason to dismiss him as a Christian Grey candidate. Above all, his acting chops would carry him through the role, and he does not have to be straight to prove he can act brilliantly.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Finale Spoiler: Blake Proposes To Top Favourite Of Season 2
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money