'Fifty Shades of Grey' and Bret Ellis: Top 5 Reasons Why Matt Bomer Is The Best Christian Grey Candidate
By Arlene Paredes | August 20, 2012 1:51 PM EST
"Fifty Shades of Grey" is drawing a lot of controversy way before film production date. Anticipation is heightened by casting rumours, with Matt Bomer being one of the most popular actors being cast by fans for the role of BDSM-dominant Christian Grey.
Meanwhile, "American Psycho" author Bret Easton Ellis stirred debate when he launched a one-man campaign against Bomer, saying he "comes off totally gay in White Collar" and it indicates he would not make a convincing straight sex demigod.
Bomer, who has long come out as gay, has not been officially tapped to play Christian Grey, but he has a strong following among the book's fans.
Here are Top 5 Reasons why Matt Bomer is one of the top Christian Grey candidates:
5. Dapper vibe. Bomer's sleek and elegant appeal in the series "White Collar" reconciles with the vibe exuded by Christian Grey. The way he walks and the way he talks tell a lot of fans that they are looking at Grey, and there is no better actor for the role.
4. "Mr. Sensitive" charisma. As con-man and art thief Neal Caffrey in White Collar, Bomer has proven he can play the sensitive masculine character and draw women into his arms with his charm and eloquence.
3. Enigma. Bomer can work on a mysteriously quiet and puzzling character all too well. He can come off with the kind of enigma that makes people wonder whether he is mostly dark or mostly positive deep inside.
2. Style plus substance. From vintage hats to branded suits and elegant leather shoes, Bomer always goes out in style in White Collar. His best friend in the series has also called him "Cheekbones," referring to one of his seductive facial features.
1. Deep blue eyes. Matt Bomer's blue eyes pierce through women's hearts like a straight arrow. The best trick in playing Christian Grey is to look deep into a woman's soul with just one look. Bomer can do that quite effectively.
The fact that Bomer is gay is not enough reason to dismiss him as a Christian Grey candidate. Above all, his acting chops would carry him through the role, and he does not have to be straight to prove he can act brilliantly.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More