The Xperia Arc LT15i and Arc S LT18i owners can get their hands on Xperia Ice Bean ROM that will provide a Jelly Bean look to their device, thanks to the efforts of developers at xda forum. The Android Authority notes that the ROM is not an Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). Rather it is an Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) including several mods and tweaks.
How to install Xperia Ice Bean ROM on Sony
Xperia Arc LT15i and Arc S LT18i. Image Credit: xda developers forum
XDA senior member known as jader13254 has released the ROM that features Jelly Bean mods such as keyboard, Google Now, launcher, wallpapers, Google Play, boot animations, Searchbar and more.
Follow the steps below to flash Ice Bean ROM on Xperia Arc LT15i and Arc S LT18i. Please note that the instructions could damage your data. IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk and reiterate we will not be held responsible for any consequences. Make a back-up of all your data.
Pre-requisites: The guide is compatible with Sony Xperia Arc LT15i and Arc S LT18i. The method can be implemented on rooted Xperia Arc LT15i and Arc S LT18i with ClockworkMod recovery and an ICS Kernel already installed.
- Download Xperia Ice Bean 4.2 ROM from here
- Copy the ROM file to your device's SD card
- Turn off the device and boot into CWM recovery. To do press Volume Down button until the phone boots into recovery
- Choose Wipe Data/ Factory Reset and then select "Yes" to confirm
- Choose Mounts and Storage and then select Format /system.
- Choose Install Zip from SD card and then select Choose Zip from SD card. Select the ROM file and confirm "Yes" for installation
- Go back to main recovery menu and then select Reboot system now to reboot the device into Xperia Ice Bean ROM.
You have installed the Xperia Ice Bean ROM on your Sony Xperia Arc LT15i and Arc S LT18i.
[Information Courtesy: Android Authority]
To contact the editor, e-mail: