Catherine Bosley, Anchor In Nude Photo Scandal, Wins Hustler Lawsuit: 5 Things To Know
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | August 18, 2012 2:19 AM EST
Catherine Bosley, an Ohio television news anchor, won a case this week against Hustler Inc. after a federal appeals court ruled that a photographer for the pornography magazine had no right to publish a photo of her dancing in a wet T-shirt contest without her permission.
Lawyers representing the photographer and the magazine had argued that the image was protected under the First Amendment, according to Reuters.
Bosley, then 37 and an anchor for the CBS television affiliate in Youngstown, participated in a wet T-shirt contest while on vacation in Florida in 2003. An amateur photographer apparently snapped pictures of Bosley without her knowledge. After the photographs surfaced on the Internet, she lost her job.
Bosley and her husband negotiated with the photographer for rights to the photos, which they then registered with the U.S Copyright Office in 2004, Reuters reported. Hustler Magazine then published one of the photos in its "Hot New Babes" series two years later, prompting Bosley to sue.
Here are five things to know about Bosley, who now works as a news anchor for WOIO 19 Action News, a CBS affiliate in Cleveland.
1. Bosley was born in Ashtabula County, Ohio, but move to the East Coast to begin her television career. Her first job in TV was in Erie, Pennsylvania at WICU-TV, where she had interned the summer before. Her next move was an anchor position in Elmira, New York, where she anchored, produced and reported.
2.Bosley's favorite hobby is running, according to a profile on her published on 19 Action News' website. The news anchor has 10 marathons under her belt and plans to run many more. She someday hopes to qualify for the Boston Marathon.
3.Catherine Bosley is also an avid sports fan, and her athletic tendencies led her to her husband, who is also a husband. The 19 Action News website also says that she is a huge fan of teams such as the Browns, the Indians and the Cavaliers.
4.Charity work is another passion of Bosley's, and is dedicated to the American Heart Association. She volunteers with that organization in the Mended Hearts group, visiting patients at the Cleveland Clinic.
5. Other career highlights for Bosley include working for WROC-TV in Rochester, NY where she also worked as a morning show co-host for Y-103 radio. But, family is most important of all, Bosley says. "I'm so blessed to be able to do what I love most in the area with the people I love most," she said, according to 19 Action News.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Sickness: Prince Harry Cancels His 30th Birthday Party, Opts For Simple Gathering
- 24-year-old Playboy Model Marries 81-year-old Construction Tycoon Richard Lugner
- ISIS Murder Videos 'Turning On' Foreign Jihadists To Fight US and Britain [VIDEO]
- Rare Blue Flawless Diamond, Costing $25.6 Million, Is The Newest Attraction At The Natural History Museum
- Auckland Gay Men Warned of Having Sex in Bushes of Public Park
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date