Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 vs Galaxy Tab 2 10.1: Which is a Better Choice?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | August 15, 2012 2:41 PM EST
Korea-based tech giant Samsung unveiled its Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and Galaxy Note 10.1, staying true to their "one size and design does not fit all" policy.
Samsung's Galaxy Tab has become controversial and was questioned by Apple that breached the latter's patents. The tablet was first introduced in February. Galaxy Tab 2 will be available in stores on August 22.
Like its predecessor, Galaxy Note 10.1 has a stylus S-Pen that allows users to write and draw on the screen of the tablet. The new version allows users to split the screen in half to view two programs at once.
The new tablet is expected to hit the shelves in United States on August 15. Samsung Electronics America released an announcement for a media event on the aforementioned date. However, the announcement did not specify the device that will be launched. Many speculated that it could be either the Galaxy Note 10.1 or Galaxy Note 2 or both.
Chief of Samsung's Mobile Unit said in a statement, "the advanced technology and features included in Galaxy Note 10.1 give users the power to produce, create and customize communications."
This is the same case with Samsung Galaxy S3, Germany and UAE got to enjoy the device first followed immediately by a media launch in Australia. Thus, there is a great possibility that the device will be released in Australia soon.
Some consumers are confused and asking what are the differences between the two tablets of Samsung.
Both Samsung tablets have 10.1 inch screen with a 1280x800 pixel resolution.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 has 1.4GHz Exynos quad core processor and 2GB of RAM. 1GHz NVIDIA dualcore processor and 1GB of RAM as its predecessor.
Both Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 both run with Android version 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. The company is working on the update of the upgrade of its devices to Android's latest Jelly Bean.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 has 5 MP and 1.9MP shooters at the back at front of the device, respectively. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, on the other hand, has poorer camera with 3MP rear camera and VGA quality front camera.
Both devices boast 7000 mAh and claim nine hours of usage.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is a better choice with its quad core processor clocked 1.4GHz and its better camera.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Xiaomi to Kill Redmi 1S for More Redmi Notes
- New Zealand Dairy Industry Feels Bullish At Chinese President's Visit