Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 vs Galaxy Tab 2 10.1: Which is a Better Choice?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | August 15, 2012 2:41 PM EST
Korea-based tech giant Samsung unveiled its Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and Galaxy Note 10.1, staying true to their "one size and design does not fit all" policy.
Samsung's Galaxy Tab has become controversial and was questioned by Apple that breached the latter's patents. The tablet was first introduced in February. Galaxy Tab 2 will be available in stores on August 22.
Like its predecessor, Galaxy Note 10.1 has a stylus S-Pen that allows users to write and draw on the screen of the tablet. The new version allows users to split the screen in half to view two programs at once.
The new tablet is expected to hit the shelves in United States on August 15. Samsung Electronics America released an announcement for a media event on the aforementioned date. However, the announcement did not specify the device that will be launched. Many speculated that it could be either the Galaxy Note 10.1 or Galaxy Note 2 or both.
Chief of Samsung's Mobile Unit said in a statement, "the advanced technology and features included in Galaxy Note 10.1 give users the power to produce, create and customize communications."
This is the same case with Samsung Galaxy S3, Germany and UAE got to enjoy the device first followed immediately by a media launch in Australia. Thus, there is a great possibility that the device will be released in Australia soon.
Some consumers are confused and asking what are the differences between the two tablets of Samsung.
Both Samsung tablets have 10.1 inch screen with a 1280x800 pixel resolution.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 has 1.4GHz Exynos quad core processor and 2GB of RAM. 1GHz NVIDIA dualcore processor and 1GB of RAM as its predecessor.
Both Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 both run with Android version 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. The company is working on the update of the upgrade of its devices to Android's latest Jelly Bean.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 has 5 MP and 1.9MP shooters at the back at front of the device, respectively. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, on the other hand, has poorer camera with 3MP rear camera and VGA quality front camera.
Both devices boast 7000 mAh and claim nine hours of usage.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is a better choice with its quad core processor clocked 1.4GHz and its better camera.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones