Grey's Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes has hinted Sara Ramirez (Callie) is staying throughout Season 9, but she has been noticeably tight-lipped when it comes to Jessica Capshaw (Robbins).
Grey's Anatomy: Callie (Sara Ramirez) and Arizona (Jessica Capshaw) are moving forward after the tragedy that brought their biggest crisis yet.
Ramirez, who recently got married, is not leaving the show to focus on new family life. Meanwhile, Capshaw, who has recently given birth to her third child, is somewhere in limbo. Capshaw's character Arizona Robbins sustained serious limb injuries in the plane crash.
Ramirez and Capshaw play the roles of the sexiest lesbians in Seattle Grace.
Warning: SPOILER ALERT
Rhimes has earlier told The Hollywood Reporter there could be more deaths after Season 8's horrifying and tragic plane crash. Last week, Eric Dane (McSteamy/Sloan) has announced he was leaving the show.
Could Dane's character be the next death to happen when Grey's returns in the fall? If that is so, poor Callie may have to raise Baby Sophia alone.
Here are the Grey's Anatomy love stories to look forward to next season:
1. Alex Karev's character will meet a new love interest.
2. Sarah Drew and Jesse Williams (Kepner and Avery) will get to know each other better - they've only just begun.
3. James Pickens Jr. (Richard Webber) and Loretta Devine (Adele) still have a chance at a happy ending.
4. Sandra Oh (Cristina Yang) and Kevin McKidd (Owen Hunt) may reconcile despite his one-night stand. Yang has been undecided on how to deal with her husband, but she has always shown certainty that she loves the man.
5. Chandra Wilson (Miranda Bailey) may get married sometime in the season.
6. Ellen Pompeo (Meredith Grey) and Patrick Dempsey (Derek Shepherd) are staying together, but perhaps moving (someone is looking to sell a property).
As for Ramirez, Rhimes said the series will "spend a lot of time with Callie this season." The series creator said Callie's story arc will be heavily influenced by whatever will happen to Robbins as a result of the tragic plane crash.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Australia Bids Adieu to Adam Spencer's Mornings on ABC's "702 Breakfast" Show [PHOTOS]
- Top 10 Hottest Celebrities with Shocking Weight Loss (And Find Out Their Secrets!) [PHOTOS]
- SEE PHOTOS! Eva Longoria Wears No Panties at Cannes 2013, Revealed in Embarrassing Wardrobe Malfunction [SLIDESHOW]
- Demi Lovato Snapped Getting Flirty with The X-Factor Boss, Simon Cowell? [PHOTOS]