Korea-based tech giant Samsung is expected to unleash its greatest tablet later this year - Galaxy Note 10.1. The tablet is expected to beat Apple's iPad.
IDC reported that Apple dominated the tablet market on the second quarter of 2012, with the iPad grabbing 68 per cent of global sales. The preliminary report released on Thursday in the US by IDC showed global tablet sales of 25 million - up 33.6 per cent from the first quarter and 66.1 per cent year-over-year.
Apple got a boost from the March release of its newest version of the iPad, and sold 17 million tablets in the second quarter. Samsung jumped into second place with sales of nearly 2.4 million, up 117 per cent from a year earlier.
However, this is expected to change with the inception of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, whichb is a tablet inspired by the company's most successful smartphone - Samsung Galaxy S3.
IBTimes AU enumerated the 10 reasons why Galaxy Note 10.1 will win against Apple's iPad below.
- A tablet with a plus - The device integrated a stylus called S-Pen that allows users to do more with a regular tablet. The stylus is perfect for doodling, taking down notes and navigating the device.
- Apt screen size - The screen size is 10.1 inch which is what consumers are aiming for in a tablet.
- Samsung is reliable - When buying a device, consumers look at the brand and Samsung is one of the reliable and credible hardware brands.
- Fast processor - The device will feature an Exynos 4412 chipset which is same as Samsung Galaxy S3 clocked as 1.4 GHz quad-core processor.
- Longer battery life - The upcoming tablet of Samsung is rumored to be equipped with a whopping 7000 mAh battery that promises longer battery life compared to other tablets.
- 4G LTE, WiFi and 3G connectivity - A key ingredient in mobile device success is the ability to connect to the Web when away from a WiFi connection. Luckily, the Galaxy Note 10.1 comes with both WiFi and 3G connectivity, allowing users to surf the Internet wherever they want. Furthermore, Samsung is promising that it will release a 4G LTE version of the Galaxy Note 10.1 later this year. It's not immediately clear when that device will launch, but when it does, it'll be worth acquiring.
- Beneficial to professionals and business industry - Galaxy Note 10.1 may be a tablet perfect for businesspersons. The stylus is perfect in jotting down notes during meetings and other business-related tasks.
- Large following and consumer appeal - Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 will also benefit from the popularity of the Samsung Galaxy S3. The smartphone catapulted the sales and market shares of Korea-based tech giant in the smartphone market.
- Early release - This is one of the advantages of Samsung Galaxy S3 over Apple's smartphone. The Galaxy S3 owned the spotlight during its release last May. Again, an early release against the upcoming iPad may also become an to Samsung.
- Cheaper price - Samsung is known for devices that cater to all markets. Although there is no official information on how much is the selling price of the new tablet. However, selling it at a cheaper price compared to its main competitor - iPad.
The new tablet is expected to hit the shelves on August 15. Samsung Electronics America released an announcement for a media event on the aforementioned date. However, the announcement did not specify the device that will be launched. Many speculated that it could be either the Galaxy Note 10.1 or Galaxy Note 2 or both.
To contact the editor, e-mail: