South Carolina Grandma Beaten By Grandson Jesse Beam In Chicken Salad Misunderstanding: 'Don't Call Me Chicken!'
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | August 8, 2012 3:18 AM EST
A South Carolina grandma was allegedly beaten by her grandson after she brought him home some chicken salad and he thought she called him, "chicken," in a misunderstanding that led to several injuries.
The 67-year-old grandmother, only identified as Evelyn in a media report from the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office, returned home from the Ingles grocery store Saturday when she told 26-year-old grandson Jesse Beam that she bought him chicken salad.
"Don't call me chicken, again!" Beam screamed, according to the media report.
His grandmother tried to explain to her 26-year-old grandson that he misunderstood what he was saying, but her words could not prevent the alleged assault.
"Evelyn said she realized Jesse was going to attack her and started running for the front door of the residence," the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office media report said. "Evelyn said while she was running towards the front door, Jesse picked up a bowl of food and threw it out there."
The grandma tried to escape from her grandson, but he caught up with her and pushed her down the steps near the entrance of their Spartanburg home.
"Evelyn said Jesse pushed her so hard she landed face first on the concrete pad at the bottom of the steps and she believes her nose got broken," the media report said.
Spartanburg Police Department officers found food was thrown from the kitchen, into the living room and down a hallway of the home on Bethesda Drive, according to the media report.
The officers also found the grandma with a multitude of injuries.
"Evelyn's nose was black and blue and appears it may have been broken," according to the media report. "Additionally, Evelyn sustained cuts, scratches and contusions on her elbow, forearms, and knees."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where and How to Best View Delta Aquarids Meteor Shower Peak on July 28 and 29
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- iPhone 6 releasing Soon, Use Old Smartphones to Save Rainforest
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June