South Carolina Grandma Beaten By Grandson Jesse Beam In Chicken Salad Misunderstanding: 'Don't Call Me Chicken!'
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | August 8, 2012 3:18 AM EST
A South Carolina grandma was allegedly beaten by her grandson after she brought him home some chicken salad and he thought she called him, "chicken," in a misunderstanding that led to several injuries.
The 67-year-old grandmother, only identified as Evelyn in a media report from the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office, returned home from the Ingles grocery store Saturday when she told 26-year-old grandson Jesse Beam that she bought him chicken salad.
"Don't call me chicken, again!" Beam screamed, according to the media report.
His grandmother tried to explain to her 26-year-old grandson that he misunderstood what he was saying, but her words could not prevent the alleged assault.
"Evelyn said she realized Jesse was going to attack her and started running for the front door of the residence," the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office media report said. "Evelyn said while she was running towards the front door, Jesse picked up a bowl of food and threw it out there."
The grandma tried to escape from her grandson, but he caught up with her and pushed her down the steps near the entrance of their Spartanburg home.
"Evelyn said Jesse pushed her so hard she landed face first on the concrete pad at the bottom of the steps and she believes her nose got broken," the media report said.
Spartanburg Police Department officers found food was thrown from the kitchen, into the living room and down a hallway of the home on Bethesda Drive, according to the media report.
The officers also found the grandma with a multitude of injuries.
"Evelyn's nose was black and blue and appears it may have been broken," according to the media report. "Additionally, Evelyn sustained cuts, scratches and contusions on her elbow, forearms, and knees."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Top 5 Halloween 2014 Costume Ideas For Teen Boys
- ISIS Parades 30 Sunni Tribesmen Before Shooting Them Dead In Iraqi Town
- Video Showing Woman Getting Sexually Harassed on New York Streets Goes Viral
- Early Heat Wave Breaks Records In Australia; Lighting Storms Spark Bushfires In Queensland [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family