South Carolina Grandma Beaten By Grandson Jesse Beam In Chicken Salad Misunderstanding: 'Don't Call Me Chicken!'
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | August 8, 2012 3:18 AM EST
A South Carolina grandma was allegedly beaten by her grandson after she brought him home some chicken salad and he thought she called him, "chicken," in a misunderstanding that led to several injuries.
The 67-year-old grandmother, only identified as Evelyn in a media report from the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office, returned home from the Ingles grocery store Saturday when she told 26-year-old grandson Jesse Beam that she bought him chicken salad.
"Don't call me chicken, again!" Beam screamed, according to the media report.
His grandmother tried to explain to her 26-year-old grandson that he misunderstood what he was saying, but her words could not prevent the alleged assault.
"Evelyn said she realized Jesse was going to attack her and started running for the front door of the residence," the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office media report said. "Evelyn said while she was running towards the front door, Jesse picked up a bowl of food and threw it out there."
The grandma tried to escape from her grandson, but he caught up with her and pushed her down the steps near the entrance of their Spartanburg home.
"Evelyn said Jesse pushed her so hard she landed face first on the concrete pad at the bottom of the steps and she believes her nose got broken," the media report said.
Spartanburg Police Department officers found food was thrown from the kitchen, into the living room and down a hallway of the home on Bethesda Drive, according to the media report.
The officers also found the grandma with a multitude of injuries.
"Evelyn's nose was black and blue and appears it may have been broken," according to the media report. "Additionally, Evelyn sustained cuts, scratches and contusions on her elbow, forearms, and knees."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- Viral Video Cyring Sadie: 5-Year-Old Little Girl Does Not Want Her Baby Brother to Grow Up [WATCH VIDEO]
- New Zealand Drafts IWC Resolution to Stop Japanese Whalers from Hunting in 2015
- 'Watch the MH17 Plane Missile Hit Video Tape in Mobile' Goes Viral on Facebook
- Pacific Islands Forum Delegates Appeal for Changes to Climate Policies, Better Marine Life Protection
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date