South Carolina Grandma Beaten By Grandson Jesse Beam In Chicken Salad Misunderstanding: 'Don't Call Me Chicken!'
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | August 8, 2012 3:18 AM EST
A South Carolina grandma was allegedly beaten by her grandson after she brought him home some chicken salad and he thought she called him, "chicken," in a misunderstanding that led to several injuries.
The 67-year-old grandmother, only identified as Evelyn in a media report from the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office, returned home from the Ingles grocery store Saturday when she told 26-year-old grandson Jesse Beam that she bought him chicken salad.
"Don't call me chicken, again!" Beam screamed, according to the media report.
His grandmother tried to explain to her 26-year-old grandson that he misunderstood what he was saying, but her words could not prevent the alleged assault.
"Evelyn said she realized Jesse was going to attack her and started running for the front door of the residence," the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office media report said. "Evelyn said while she was running towards the front door, Jesse picked up a bowl of food and threw it out there."
The grandma tried to escape from her grandson, but he caught up with her and pushed her down the steps near the entrance of their Spartanburg home.
"Evelyn said Jesse pushed her so hard she landed face first on the concrete pad at the bottom of the steps and she believes her nose got broken," the media report said.
Spartanburg Police Department officers found food was thrown from the kitchen, into the living room and down a hallway of the home on Bethesda Drive, according to the media report.
The officers also found the grandma with a multitude of injuries.
"Evelyn's nose was black and blue and appears it may have been broken," according to the media report. "Additionally, Evelyn sustained cuts, scratches and contusions on her elbow, forearms, and knees."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ISIS War to Last For 4 Years; US Military Shows Videos of Airstrikes Hitting Militant Base [VIDEO]
- Australia Joins Global Effort to Stop Russian Website From Illegally Streaming Web Cam Feeds
- Ebola Stock Companies Suspended From Trading For Unverifiable Claims
- Former Malaysian Envoy Denies Assault Charges in New Zealand, Elects Trial By Jury
- Baby Gammy Will Be Australian Citizen Soon
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance