South Carolina Grandma Beaten By Grandson Jesse Beam In Chicken Salad Misunderstanding: 'Don't Call Me Chicken!'
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | August 8, 2012 3:18 AM EST
A South Carolina grandma was allegedly beaten by her grandson after she brought him home some chicken salad and he thought she called him, "chicken," in a misunderstanding that led to several injuries.
The 67-year-old grandmother, only identified as Evelyn in a media report from the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office, returned home from the Ingles grocery store Saturday when she told 26-year-old grandson Jesse Beam that she bought him chicken salad.
"Don't call me chicken, again!" Beam screamed, according to the media report.
His grandmother tried to explain to her 26-year-old grandson that he misunderstood what he was saying, but her words could not prevent the alleged assault.
"Evelyn said she realized Jesse was going to attack her and started running for the front door of the residence," the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office media report said. "Evelyn said while she was running towards the front door, Jesse picked up a bowl of food and threw it out there."
The grandma tried to escape from her grandson, but he caught up with her and pushed her down the steps near the entrance of their Spartanburg home.
"Evelyn said Jesse pushed her so hard she landed face first on the concrete pad at the bottom of the steps and she believes her nose got broken," the media report said.
Spartanburg Police Department officers found food was thrown from the kitchen, into the living room and down a hallway of the home on Bethesda Drive, according to the media report.
The officers also found the grandma with a multitude of injuries.
"Evelyn's nose was black and blue and appears it may have been broken," according to the media report. "Additionally, Evelyn sustained cuts, scratches and contusions on her elbow, forearms, and knees."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate