Castle (ABC) is opening its fifth season with never-explored details on the murder of Kate Beckett's mother, but that is not exactly a spoiler, is it?
Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic as Richard Castle and Kate Beckett
Fans want to find out what happens next to Beckett and Rick Castle after the final act of Season 4. Stop reading if you can wait until September, when Castle returns to ABC in the fall.
Castle Season 5 Spoilers
Here are some spoilers gathered around the web about the fifth season of the crime dramedy series, "Castle."
1. Season 5 premiere will not use a time jump. It will start on the night when Castle (Nathan Fillion) and Beckett (Stana Katic) have finally, deliberately, and passionately kissed.
2. Series creator Andrew Marlowe hinted the investigator-writer tandem will be in a romantic "relationship."
3. Marlowe also hinted the new 'CasKett' relationship will be a secret.
4. Castle's mother (Susan Sullivan) will not be among the first to know about his son's new girlfriend.
5. Alexis (Molly Quinn) will know about his father's new relationship, but how she finds out is something to look forward to. How she keeps (or fails to keep) her father's secret around her internship mentor Lanie (Tamala Jones) will also be fun to watch.
6. Beckett's resignation will still hold by the first episode. She will, of course, come back to NYPD.
7. The murder of a journalist involved in an inter-office relationship could push some buttons for Beckett and Castle, and urge them to make "revealing" decisions.
8. Ryan (Seamus Dever) and Esposito (Jon Huertas) will not immediately reconcile to keep the spark of their bromance. "There's mending that needs to happen," says Dever.
9. Castle will have a day at the Comic-Con. (Very good!)
10. Fans will see Beckett's and Castle's fathers in the upcoming season. Marlowe told TVLine.com there is still "a lot of talking" on the fine details.
As for the actress playing Beckett, Katic said she was looking forward to how her character's relationship with Castle will be revealed.
"It'll be fun to see who finds out about them being together - who stays out of the loop and for how long and how they decide to reveal all of that," she said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- SEE PHOTOS! Eva Longoria Wears No Panties at Cannes 2013, Revealed in Embarrassing Wardrobe Malfunction [SLIDESHOW]
- Demi Lovato Snapped Getting Flirty with The X-Factor Boss, Simon Cowell? [PHOTOS]
- Robsten Romance: New Thorns on the Rosy Love Between Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart [SLIDESHOW]
- Australia Bids Adieu to Adam Spencer's Mornings on ABC's "702 Breakfast" Show [PHOTOS]