Blood Brothers Bows out of West End after 20-Year Run
By Toyin Owoseje | August 7, 2012 3:13 AM EST
The long-running musical, Blood Brothers is set to close at the Phoenix Theatre on 27 October after more than two decades in the West End.
With more than 10,000 performances notched up, Willy Russell's hugely successful production is the third longest running musical to ever play in the West End.
The award-winning musical, which started as a school play, made its debut in the West End in April 1983 at the Lyric Theatre but closed later that year.
The current production opened in 1988 at the Albery (now the Noël Coward) before transferring to the Phoenix in 1991.
Stars over the years have included Barbara Dixon, Antony Costa, Kiki Dee, Melanie Chisholm and Niki Evan. The show has played on Broadway and across America.
A spokesperson for Bill Kenwright Ltd, the production company behind the hit, said: "This is the end of a chapter but by no means the end of Blood Brothers."
The musical tells the story of the Johnstone twins who are separated at birth and end up at different ends of the social spectrum before they are reunited by fate.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6: Performance, Sales, iOS 8 and Android 5.0 L