Prince Harry Visits Canada Olympic House
By Jenalyn Villamarin | August 3, 2012 7:17 PM EST
Prince Harry made everyone delighted and honored with his surprise visit at the Canada Olympic House last Thursday.
The Royal Prince was wearing a crisp blue blazer and blue dress shirt with an Olympic pin on the lapel and he was greeted immediately by Canadian rower Malcolm Howard, a member of the silver-medal winning men's eight.
"Your Royal Highness, it's an honor to meet you," Howard said with a smile as he shook hands with Prince Harry. During Prince Harry's visit, there were 123 guests present in the building that is located in the heart of Trafalgar Square. Prince Harry chatted with a few athletes and their family members before having a conversation with Michael Tayler, a Canadian slalom kayaker.
The two first talked about Tayler's experience at the Games before the Canadian changed the topic of the conversation by asking the Prince where in London is the best place to go out and have fun.
"I don't go out anymore, I'm too old, I'm too old," Harry replied with a smile.
Most of their conversation centered on sports. The Prince was even at the Canada House when Canada won a silver medal in rowing in the women's eight. Prince Harry smiled and enjoyed watching the race as Malcolm Howard weighed in with the Prince some thoughts on rowing. At one point, Howard even took his own silver medal from around his neck and showed it to Prince Harry.
"There you go. It's heavy, eh," Howard said proudly as the Prince held it in his hand.
Then, Prince Harry asked Howard if he was enjoying the Games.
"You know what, I'm just starting to enjoy it," Howard replied while Prince Harry nodded and listened attentively.
"We've been so focused when we're like hotel, then racing, then back and forth," he added.
Afterwards, Prince Harry and Howard posed for their pictures to be taken as a souvenir of Prince Harry's visit. In return, Prince Harry received a Canadian team jacket from Canadian Olympic Committee President Marcel Aubut during his visit to the Canada House at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown