Prince Harry Visits Canada Olympic House
By Jenalyn Villamarin | August 3, 2012 7:17 PM EST
Prince Harry made everyone delighted and honored with his surprise visit at the Canada Olympic House last Thursday.
The Royal Prince was wearing a crisp blue blazer and blue dress shirt with an Olympic pin on the lapel and he was greeted immediately by Canadian rower Malcolm Howard, a member of the silver-medal winning men's eight.
"Your Royal Highness, it's an honor to meet you," Howard said with a smile as he shook hands with Prince Harry. During Prince Harry's visit, there were 123 guests present in the building that is located in the heart of Trafalgar Square. Prince Harry chatted with a few athletes and their family members before having a conversation with Michael Tayler, a Canadian slalom kayaker.
The two first talked about Tayler's experience at the Games before the Canadian changed the topic of the conversation by asking the Prince where in London is the best place to go out and have fun.
"I don't go out anymore, I'm too old, I'm too old," Harry replied with a smile.
Most of their conversation centered on sports. The Prince was even at the Canada House when Canada won a silver medal in rowing in the women's eight. Prince Harry smiled and enjoyed watching the race as Malcolm Howard weighed in with the Prince some thoughts on rowing. At one point, Howard even took his own silver medal from around his neck and showed it to Prince Harry.
"There you go. It's heavy, eh," Howard said proudly as the Prince held it in his hand.
Then, Prince Harry asked Howard if he was enjoying the Games.
"You know what, I'm just starting to enjoy it," Howard replied while Prince Harry nodded and listened attentively.
"We've been so focused when we're like hotel, then racing, then back and forth," he added.
Afterwards, Prince Harry and Howard posed for their pictures to be taken as a souvenir of Prince Harry's visit. In return, Prince Harry received a Canadian team jacket from Canadian Olympic Committee President Marcel Aubut during his visit to the Canada House at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June