Prince Harry Visits Canada Olympic House
By Jenalyn Villamarin | August 3, 2012 7:17 PM EST
Prince Harry made everyone delighted and honored with his surprise visit at the Canada Olympic House last Thursday.
The Royal Prince was wearing a crisp blue blazer and blue dress shirt with an Olympic pin on the lapel and he was greeted immediately by Canadian rower Malcolm Howard, a member of the silver-medal winning men's eight.
"Your Royal Highness, it's an honor to meet you," Howard said with a smile as he shook hands with Prince Harry. During Prince Harry's visit, there were 123 guests present in the building that is located in the heart of Trafalgar Square. Prince Harry chatted with a few athletes and their family members before having a conversation with Michael Tayler, a Canadian slalom kayaker.
The two first talked about Tayler's experience at the Games before the Canadian changed the topic of the conversation by asking the Prince where in London is the best place to go out and have fun.
"I don't go out anymore, I'm too old, I'm too old," Harry replied with a smile.
Most of their conversation centered on sports. The Prince was even at the Canada House when Canada won a silver medal in rowing in the women's eight. Prince Harry smiled and enjoyed watching the race as Malcolm Howard weighed in with the Prince some thoughts on rowing. At one point, Howard even took his own silver medal from around his neck and showed it to Prince Harry.
"There you go. It's heavy, eh," Howard said proudly as the Prince held it in his hand.
Then, Prince Harry asked Howard if he was enjoying the Games.
"You know what, I'm just starting to enjoy it," Howard replied while Prince Harry nodded and listened attentively.
"We've been so focused when we're like hotel, then racing, then back and forth," he added.
Afterwards, Prince Harry and Howard posed for their pictures to be taken as a souvenir of Prince Harry's visit. In return, Prince Harry received a Canadian team jacket from Canadian Olympic Committee President Marcel Aubut during his visit to the Canada House at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks