Prince Harry Visits Canada Olympic House
By Jenalyn Villamarin | August 3, 2012 7:17 PM EST
Prince Harry made everyone delighted and honored with his surprise visit at the Canada Olympic House last Thursday.
The Royal Prince was wearing a crisp blue blazer and blue dress shirt with an Olympic pin on the lapel and he was greeted immediately by Canadian rower Malcolm Howard, a member of the silver-medal winning men's eight.
"Your Royal Highness, it's an honor to meet you," Howard said with a smile as he shook hands with Prince Harry. During Prince Harry's visit, there were 123 guests present in the building that is located in the heart of Trafalgar Square. Prince Harry chatted with a few athletes and their family members before having a conversation with Michael Tayler, a Canadian slalom kayaker.
The two first talked about Tayler's experience at the Games before the Canadian changed the topic of the conversation by asking the Prince where in London is the best place to go out and have fun.
"I don't go out anymore, I'm too old, I'm too old," Harry replied with a smile.
Most of their conversation centered on sports. The Prince was even at the Canada House when Canada won a silver medal in rowing in the women's eight. Prince Harry smiled and enjoyed watching the race as Malcolm Howard weighed in with the Prince some thoughts on rowing. At one point, Howard even took his own silver medal from around his neck and showed it to Prince Harry.
"There you go. It's heavy, eh," Howard said proudly as the Prince held it in his hand.
Then, Prince Harry asked Howard if he was enjoying the Games.
"You know what, I'm just starting to enjoy it," Howard replied while Prince Harry nodded and listened attentively.
"We've been so focused when we're like hotel, then racing, then back and forth," he added.
Afterwards, Prince Harry and Howard posed for their pictures to be taken as a souvenir of Prince Harry's visit. In return, Prince Harry received a Canadian team jacket from Canadian Olympic Committee President Marcel Aubut during his visit to the Canada House at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Spoilers: Calzona Still on Shaky Ground, April's Baby Bump Gets Real, Karev vs Bailey Anticipated
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools