Prince Harry Visits Canada Olympic House
By Jenalyn Villamarin | August 3, 2012 7:17 PM EST
Prince Harry made everyone delighted and honored with his surprise visit at the Canada Olympic House last Thursday.
The Royal Prince was wearing a crisp blue blazer and blue dress shirt with an Olympic pin on the lapel and he was greeted immediately by Canadian rower Malcolm Howard, a member of the silver-medal winning men's eight.
"Your Royal Highness, it's an honor to meet you," Howard said with a smile as he shook hands with Prince Harry. During Prince Harry's visit, there were 123 guests present in the building that is located in the heart of Trafalgar Square. Prince Harry chatted with a few athletes and their family members before having a conversation with Michael Tayler, a Canadian slalom kayaker.
The two first talked about Tayler's experience at the Games before the Canadian changed the topic of the conversation by asking the Prince where in London is the best place to go out and have fun.
"I don't go out anymore, I'm too old, I'm too old," Harry replied with a smile.
Most of their conversation centered on sports. The Prince was even at the Canada House when Canada won a silver medal in rowing in the women's eight. Prince Harry smiled and enjoyed watching the race as Malcolm Howard weighed in with the Prince some thoughts on rowing. At one point, Howard even took his own silver medal from around his neck and showed it to Prince Harry.
"There you go. It's heavy, eh," Howard said proudly as the Prince held it in his hand.
Then, Prince Harry asked Howard if he was enjoying the Games.
"You know what, I'm just starting to enjoy it," Howard replied while Prince Harry nodded and listened attentively.
"We've been so focused when we're like hotel, then racing, then back and forth," he added.
Afterwards, Prince Harry and Howard posed for their pictures to be taken as a souvenir of Prince Harry's visit. In return, Prince Harry received a Canadian team jacket from Canadian Olympic Committee President Marcel Aubut during his visit to the Canada House at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles