The Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) ROM has been ported on Samsung Galaxy S2, courtesy of XDA Senior Member Rushabh25. The developer claims that the ROM is fully 100 percent pure AOKP and features CM10 Kernel. The issue relates to the network on some basedbands and modems. However, HW acceleration, camera, music, wi-fi, Bluetooth, USB, SDcard (Internal and External) have been reported as working.
The Samsung Galaxy S2 that was released in 2011 has become the company's best-seller that generated 20 million units in its first 12 months of sale, contributing to the success of Samsung. The Jelly Bean, successor to the Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS), carries new features such as smoother interface, offline voice typing, resizable app widgets, advanced voice recognition and more.
Take a look at the steps below on how to install the AOKP Jelly Bean ROM on Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100, courtesy of The Android Soul.
Please note that using the method involves risk of data damage. IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk and will not be held responsible for any consequences.
Pre-requisites: Please keep in mind that the guide is compatible only with the Galaxy S2 with model number i9100 and not compatible with any other device. In order to check the model go into Settings > About phone. The method will wipe away all the data, settings and apps. IBTimes UK advises users to make a back-up of all the data, APN settings as well.
- Install the stock Android 4.0.3 XXLPQ firmware
- Install ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery on XXLPQ
- Download the ROM from official thread at xda-developers
- Copy the downloaded zip file to the device's internal SDcard
- Switch off your device and boot into CWM recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together until the screen turns on. To scroll make use of Volume keys and Power key can be used to select the required options
- Tap Wipe Data/Factory Reset and then choose "Yes" to confirm. Wait until the wiping process completes
- Now, choose install zip from SDcard. Select choose zip from SDcard and select ROM file
- Choose "Yes" to confirm the installation. The ROM will now begin installing
- Go back and select "reboot system now" to reboot the device and boot into AOKp ROM
AOKP ROM based on Jelly Bean is now installed on your Samsung Galaxy S2.
To contact the editor, e-mail: