Black Buck Shooting Case: Salman Khan May Face Jail Term
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | July 26, 2012 10:29 PM EST
The Rajasthan High Court on Tuesday re-examined the charges against Bollywood superstar Salman Khan and several other actors linked to the 1998 black bug shooting case and has finalized the charges pressed against the actors.
It's reported that the actor is likely to face a jail sentence up to three years or a fine or both. Salman will be held under section 51 of Wildlife Act and section 149 of Indian Penal Code (IPC).
During the shooting of the film "Hum Saath Saath Hai" in 1998 in Kankani village near Jodhpur, Rajasthan, Salman along with his co-stars Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Neelam, Sonali Bendre were found guilty for killing a rare species of antelope.
Salman was reportedly convicted for killing two Chinkaras at Bhawad and one Black Buck at Ghoda Farm in Mathania. He was convicted for one year and five years respectively.
Saif, Tabu, Neelam and Sonali will be charged under section 52 (Attempts to contravene, or abet the contravention of, any of the provisions of this Act) of Wildlife Act.
The trial will commence soon in the lower court and all the aforementioned actors will have to appear in the trial court, the Press Trust of India reported. The case was left pending in the High Court since 2006.
"After this decision of the high court, the trial will now commence in the lower court under Section 51 of Wildlife Act, and Section 149 of IPC against Salman Khan and under section 52 of Wildlife Act and section 149 of IPC against others," Salman's counsel, Hastimal Saraswat, said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation