Black Buck Shooting Case: Salman Khan May Face Jail Term
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | July 26, 2012 10:29 PM EST
The Rajasthan High Court on Tuesday re-examined the charges against Bollywood superstar Salman Khan and several other actors linked to the 1998 black bug shooting case and has finalized the charges pressed against the actors.
It's reported that the actor is likely to face a jail sentence up to three years or a fine or both. Salman will be held under section 51 of Wildlife Act and section 149 of Indian Penal Code (IPC).
During the shooting of the film "Hum Saath Saath Hai" in 1998 in Kankani village near Jodhpur, Rajasthan, Salman along with his co-stars Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Neelam, Sonali Bendre were found guilty for killing a rare species of antelope.
Salman was reportedly convicted for killing two Chinkaras at Bhawad and one Black Buck at Ghoda Farm in Mathania. He was convicted for one year and five years respectively.
Saif, Tabu, Neelam and Sonali will be charged under section 52 (Attempts to contravene, or abet the contravention of, any of the provisions of this Act) of Wildlife Act.
The trial will commence soon in the lower court and all the aforementioned actors will have to appear in the trial court, the Press Trust of India reported. The case was left pending in the High Court since 2006.
"After this decision of the high court, the trial will now commence in the lower court under Section 51 of Wildlife Act, and Section 149 of IPC against Salman Khan and under section 52 of Wildlife Act and section 149 of IPC against others," Salman's counsel, Hastimal Saraswat, said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Cult Linked To Missing NSW Brothers
- Islamic State: British PM Cameron To Call For Air Strike After Militants Beheaded David Haines
- Vatican Car Has Cocaine and Cannabis
- Islamic State: UK Admits It Has No Power To Save Briton Alan Henning’s Head From Being Chopped
- Sydney Police Intercept $75M Worth Of Drugs In Frozen Fish Disguised As Liquid In Ice Packs
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet