Black Buck Shooting Case: Salman Khan May Face Jail Term
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | July 26, 2012 10:29 PM EST
The Rajasthan High Court on Tuesday re-examined the charges against Bollywood superstar Salman Khan and several other actors linked to the 1998 black bug shooting case and has finalized the charges pressed against the actors.
It's reported that the actor is likely to face a jail sentence up to three years or a fine or both. Salman will be held under section 51 of Wildlife Act and section 149 of Indian Penal Code (IPC).
During the shooting of the film "Hum Saath Saath Hai" in 1998 in Kankani village near Jodhpur, Rajasthan, Salman along with his co-stars Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Neelam, Sonali Bendre were found guilty for killing a rare species of antelope.
Salman was reportedly convicted for killing two Chinkaras at Bhawad and one Black Buck at Ghoda Farm in Mathania. He was convicted for one year and five years respectively.
Saif, Tabu, Neelam and Sonali will be charged under section 52 (Attempts to contravene, or abet the contravention of, any of the provisions of this Act) of Wildlife Act.
The trial will commence soon in the lower court and all the aforementioned actors will have to appear in the trial court, the Press Trust of India reported. The case was left pending in the High Court since 2006.
"After this decision of the high court, the trial will now commence in the lower court under Section 51 of Wildlife Act, and Section 149 of IPC against Salman Khan and under section 52 of Wildlife Act and section 149 of IPC against others," Salman's counsel, Hastimal Saraswat, said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones