Jealous Wives ‘Rape Husband to Death’ in Nigeria
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | July 26, 2012 4:00 PM EST
In a bizarre case of extreme jealousy, five women, who were married to a well-known businessman, raped him to death in Nigeria.
Uroko Onoja, a well-known businessman in Ogbadibo, a small village in Nigeria's Mid-Eastern Benue state, was allegedly "raped to death" by five of his wives in the early hours of Tuesday, for paying attention to his youngest wife, Nigeria's Daily Post reported.
Onoja returned home at around 3 a.m. from a popular joint and was headed to his youngest wife's room. According to his youngest wife, his other five wives held a meeting before Onojo returned home. All the five wives then attacked the husband with knives and sticks and forced him into having sex with all of them, including the youngest wife.
Onoja allegedly stopped breathing when his fifth wife approached him. "Suddenly, my husband stopped breathing, and they all ran out, still laughing, but when they saw that I could not resuscitate him, they all ran into the forest," the newspaper quoted Onojo's youngest wife as saying.
Meanwhile, police are investigating the matter and have placed two of the accused women under arrest.
Onojo was quite popular in the village. According to locals, he was a philanthropist who had contributed towards the development of the community.
Okpe Odoh, the village head, told the newspaper that the matter was reported to the police, who are on the look-out for the other wives who ran into forest following their husband's death.
Onojo's body is currently placed in a mortuary in Ogbadibo.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Report Claims China & Taiwan Sell Human Meat
- Crocodile Attacks, Takes Man in Adelaide River; Wife Witnesses Tragedy
- Sex with the Dead: Ohio Man Admits Doing it with 100 Corpses
- Princess Diana's Gravesite Algae-Infested, Earl Spencer Reportedly To Blame
- Ebola Virus: NZ Health Officials Given 'Powers' to Stop Ships, Planes from Entering Border
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- US, Canada Labour Activists ‘Block the Boat for Gaza’ Succeed in Blocking Docking of Israeli Ship in California Port
- 4 Killer Android Features Apple Fans Would Love to Get Come the iPhone 6 Release Date
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Larger 5.5inch iPhone 6 Variant Will Roll Out in the Market as ‘iPhone 6L’
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff