July 20, 2012 4:39 PM EST
Emmy Awards on ‘The Big Bang Theory:’ Love for Amy Farrah Fowler, 5 Memorable Quotes from Season 5
Mayim Bialik is nominated for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series at this year's Emmy Awards for playing the role of Amy Farrah Fowler, on the hit CBS sitcom "The Big Bang Theory."
Nerd is the new cool, indeed. The Emmy's once again snubs Kaley Cuoco, but this it goes with the actress with a PhD.
When she enters the series as Sheldon Cooper's online date at the end of Season 2, Amy Farrah Fowler was not easy to love. She is robotic, overly highbrow and boring. Her lines are awkward and even unnecessary.
In Season 3, she still does not make an impact.
By Season 4, it seemed obvious the gang could do well without the icy queen. Sheldon's sparring with Penny (Cuoco) has been reduced to manage interaction across more stars. The good old days of Seasons 1-3 are gone.
But in Season 5, things finally turned around for the wildly imaginative and eccentric monkey-experimenting neurobiologist.
It may have taken three years, but Amy Farrah Fowler has now become an integral element of the 'Big Bang' moments.
Thanks to smart lines she has exchanged with Penny and Sheldon, Amy Farrah Fowler has become relatable to the audience. She is now more than just a brainy woman working in a lab. TBBT fans now know she also likes wearing tiaras, and she enjoys being a girl.
Here are Top 5 of Amy Farrah Fowler's Most Memorable Lines from The Big Bang Theory Season 5:
5. Amy: "A guest in my trundle bed and a boy at my door? I wish I could tell 13-year-old me, it does get better!" (Episode 1: "The Skank Reflex Analysis")
4. Amy to Penny: "Before I met you, I was a mousey wallflower. But look at me now. I'm like some kind of downtown-hipster-party girl with a posse, a boyfriend and a new lace bra that hooks in the front of all things". (Episode 17: "The Rothman Disintegration")
3. Amy to not-yet-boyfriend Sheldon: "I'm just saying, second base is right there." (Episode 8: "The Isolation Permutation")
2. Amy: "Kiss me where I've never been kissed before."
Sheldon: "You mean like Salt Lake City?"
Amy: "Nevermind." (Episode 2: "The Infestation Hypothesis")
1. Amy: "Jewelry? Seriously? Sheldon you are the most shallow, self-centered person I have ever met. Do you really think that another transparently-manipu... (THRILLED) Oh, It's a tiara! A tiara; I have a tiara! Put it on me! Put it on me! Put it on me! Put it on me! Put it on me! Put it on me! Put it on me!" (Episode 12: "The Shiny Trinket Maneuver")