South Korean tech giant Samsung will release the new Galaxy Note 2, expected to shake the smartphone market, this fall.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is set to hit the store shelves in a few months. The device is expected to sport the largest screen in all smartphones. The screen display of Galaxy Note 2 will dwarf that of the iPhone 4S which is big at 3.5-inches. It is even bigger than that of the Galaxy S3, which boasts a 4.8-inches large display.
Samsung's flagship phone is speculated to be introduced one day before the IFA event at Berlin, Germany. Samsung has apparently booked an event just ahead of the German trade show to announce the Galaxy Note 2.
This date is just 11 months after the first Note was released. From the American release date this is merely six months ahead. Some networks recently added its predecessor in its line of devices.
However, even after this short span of time Samsung has already sold an impressive 7 million units of the Note. Those who are planning to buy the Note now might do well to hold it for a little longer and wait to try the Note 2 as well.
Moreover, Reuters conducted a poll in the industry and reported that Samsung increased its lead. Reuters said that Samsung sold 50 million smartphones during the second quarter, while Apple likely sold 30.5 million.
The iPhone maker will report the results of its most-recent quarter on July 24, and Samsung will report its second-quarter results July 27. During the first quarter, Samsung sold 41 million smartphones to Apple's 37 million.
Recent surveys revealed that Samsung already dethroned Finnish mobile phones manufacturer Nokia from its 14 year old reign as the top mobile brand. Also, the South Korean company took a bite on Apple's market shares.
Below are some of the reasons why Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will rock the market by the end of next month.
- Unique hybrid design - There will be no issue of patent since the Galaxy Note 2 has a unique design. It is almost a hybrid of Palm Top and smartphone. It will significantly make a cut in the smartphone and tablet market as well.
- Latest Android OS - Galaxy Note 2 is speculated to sport the latest Android operating system introduced last month - Jelly Bean. This promises fast browsing and almost all of the amazing features of the software.
- 12 mega pixel camera - Who needs a DSLR camera when you have 12 mega pixel shooter in your smartphone that allows you to capture life's precious moments?
- Fast quad core processor - Users who goes for speed and power will be delighted with the quad core processor rumored to power the Galaxy Note 2.
- Samsung popularity - Galaxy Note 2 will also benefit in the recent popularity of the company due to the success of Galaxy S3. Moreover, the device will boost the popularity of the company that will benefit its upcoming products.
Australians are slowly shifying to Samsung. There is a growing number of Samsung devices' users in Australia due to the popularity of Android software. Consumers will have to wait and find out if LG can stand a chance in the smartphone market currently dominated by Apple and Samsung.
To contact the editor, e-mail: