Facebook Founder Criticizes Film
By Ian McCollister | July 19, 2010 9:01 PM EST
Dustin Moscovitz, co-founder of social networking Web site Facebook, expresses disapproval for the forthcoming film The Social Network. In an interview with Facebook-movie"" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Quora.com, Moscovitz says that the trailers for the movie seemed "a lot more exciting" than what actually happened during the Web sites' early days.
This is the second disapproving statement against the film from a Facebook pioneer. Mark Zuckerberg, co-founder and CEO of founder of Facebook, said last month that he wished the movie had not been made. Moscovitz didn't go as far as Zuckerberg, though he stresses that at least from his perspective, the film was not accurate."It is interesting to see my past rewritten in a way that emphasizes things that didn't matter," he said.
Moscovitz goes on to describe the movie as a "dramatization of history." He says, "A lot of exciting things happened in 2004, but mostly we just worked a lot and stressed out about things; the version in the trailer seems a lot more exciting, so I'm just going to choose to remember that we drank ourselves silly and had a lot of sex with coeds."
Moscovitz is pessimistic about the film's portrayal of Zuckerberg.
"The plot of the book/script unabashedly attack him, but I actually felt like a lot of his positive qualities come out truthfully in the trailer (soundtrack aside). At the end of the day, they cannot help but portray him as the driven, forward-thinking genius that he is."
Nowadays, Moscovitz heads Asana, a Silicon Valley startup.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery