How to Update Samsung Galaxy S2 and Galaxy Note to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich [VIDEO]
By Kristin Dian Mariano | July 16, 2012 12:37 PM EST
Samsung is rolling out Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich update to its Samsung Galaxy S II devices, reports say. Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade on Samsung Galaxy S II phones are being pushed via KIES, Samsung's PC connectivity tool for Samsung mobile phones.
Samsung Galaxy Note and Galaxy S3 update started the roll out of the new version last week. Although the operating system and interface are not much different from Gingerbread version, users will see recent tabs once they press the home button.
Users will also benefit from the NFC feature using the Android Beam. This feature will allow users to share contents to other devices.
For Galaxy Note users, they will also get their hands the Premium Suite which comprises of S Note, S Memo and My Story apps. My Story apps has to be downloaded from Google Play. S Note is excellent as users are able to not only make quick notes but also import, along with annotating S Memo files and photos and maps that were cropped and saved when using the S Pen feature.
The upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich for the Samsung Galaxy Note and Galaxy S2 make the devices that more attractive to buy while it trailed behind with all the ICS phones coming out lately.
Below is the step-by-step procedure of updating your Samsung devices to the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Run Samsung Kies program.
- Connect data cable to PC USB port.
- Power on device and connect to data cable.
- Wait for Samsung Kies to recognize the device. Samsung Kies will display pop-up window to alert if there is a software update available.
- Click to begin software upgrade process.
- Click "I have read all the information"
- Select information saving option.
- Click Start upgrade
- Firmware upgrade in process. Do not disconnect the cable from the PC.
- Firmware upgrade complete. Click
Below is the video courtesy of Samsung in updating your devices.
To contact the editor, e-mail: