As the old saying says, "bigger is not always better." With the influx of a lot of smaller tablets in the market, everyone is waiting for Apple's decision to join the bandwagon.
The rumored tablet will reportedly feature a 7.85 inch display and will be priced competitively. If the tablet will be pursued, it will battle head on with Google Nexus 7 and Amazon Kindle Fire.
A photo of the purported engineering sample shows a device that is 7.3 inches wide, 9.5 inches long, and slightly thinner than the current iPad at just under 0.4 inches thick.
The device also sports speakers on both sides of the dock connector, an interesting design point given that current iPad models all feature a single, slightly rear-facing speaker. The speculated iPad mini will be equipped with a smaller 19-pin dock connector instead of the 30-pin dock connector we currently see on iPhones, iPads, and iPods.
Reports that Google Nexus 7 will crush Apple's iPad emerged. It could be that Apple felt threatened with the release of Google's Nexus 7, which is a quad-core Android 4.1 Jelly Bean tablet with a ridiculously low price tag of $199. The device is expected to shake the tablet market.
Moreover, Amazon Kindle Fire 2 which will reportedly boast more features over its predecessor but a smaller price tag will be released later this year.
iPad holds 62 percent of the Australian tablet market. However, Apple did not release confirmation or statement about this matter.
Below are the five reasons why Apple should introduce the rumored iPad mini.
- Intensify Tablet Wars - iPad mini has the ability to accelerate the tablet wars or the competition among tablets. Since almost every tech company are releasing smaller tablets.
- Overtakes Other Tablets/Notebooks/PCs - Reports revealed speculations that tablets will overtake notebooks and PC. If Apple will release an iPad mini, it will most likely outdo other devices of its kind as well as other gadgets similar to it.
- Stronger Market - Apple already has a strong hold in the tablet market making iPad as the top-selling tablet. Moreover, a survey from Forbes revealed that people opt to buy iPad mini compared to other mini tablets like Google Nexus 7 and Samsung Galaxy Tab.
- Portability - The current iPad models are too big for some people. However, a smaller iPad will be easier to carry. Moreover, an iPad mini will be more attractive for the consumers.
- Lower Price but same Performance - Developing a mini tablet will drastically cut the price of the tablet. One of the reasons why some people go for smaller tablets because of the hefty price tag of iPad tablets. However, if Apple will develop a smaller tablet, it will be cheaper but will still be equipped with high quality specs and features that Apple is known for. Thus, Apple will reign the market and gain more profits.
ALSO READ: 5 Reasons Why Google Nexus 7 Will Rule Over Apple's iPad [VIDEO]
To contact the editor, e-mail: